forum

[duplicate] osu! on Steam

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
shavit
I think we need osu! to be available on Steam, with supporter access to be bought with the DRM (Steam Wallet/direct payment)
In my opinion, having osu! available on Steam will increase supporter tag purchases and number of players in overall.

This is possible because of the new Steam Greenlight. http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight

I found old suggestions to add osu! to the Steam platform but it wasn't possible like it is now, since Steam didn't have Greenlight at this time.

Also, this should spare some bandwidth of new players downloading the game since it'll be downloaded through Steam's servers.
Top Bunk
I don't see why we would need osu! on Steam. It's already a free to play game normally, and if people want supporter status, they can do so easily through the site. Plus it's easy to add a non-steam game to the game list manually if you want to use Steam to launch the game so bad.
As for bandwidth, osu! itself is pretty small and quick to download as it is, so I don't see how that's an issue either.
Yukiteru Amano
I would like for osu to stay far away from Steam. Also as Slasher just said there is no need for it.
ColdTooth
wouldnt work out

so no
XPJ38
- osu! isn't looking for tons of money, the game is already sufficiently funded with current supporter tags
- there are already enough payment methods to get a tag
- osu! receives enough publicity via word of mouth. We don't particularly want any more exposure.
- bandwidth isn't a problem
- peppy basically wants to keep everything under control doesn't want to add an intermediary between osu! and the players

Greenlight or not, it doesn't change anything to the situation.
Marking as dupe.