forum

Western VGC Upick (Game Over)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Chamelo

rEdo wrote:

EBWOP: that's also why I wrote Oracle, not @mod, since that's the name of that ability.
Interesting ability! And will he answer it here or by PM?
Sephibro

rEdo wrote:

Yes, he will. That's my PR, farto. I can ask any set-up speculation related question if I want to.
seems a cool scum ability

btw yes, i claimed miller aware that a policy lynch on me could be the safest option for town today
my other ability would be very useful to town if i manage to survive - but i'm not going to claim it
Topic Starter
GuyInFreezer
The anonymous sayeth: "Yes, we've got a misleading role in this game."
rEdo

Sephibro wrote:

rEdo wrote:

Yes, he will. That's my PR, farto. I can ask any set-up speculation related question if I want to.
seems a cool scum ability
Yup, it's scum to the extent that I just possibly proved you Town. :'(
fartownik
Then we lynch rEdo. At least one source of WIFOM should be eliminated.
rEdo

fartownik wrote:

Vote: rEdo

If that's gonna help you, alright. I know I'm town, though :)
fartownik
rEdo, is your ability unlimited or you could only ask one question regarding the setup?
rEdo
Unfortunately just one, and it couldn't had been alignment-related. I guess it was worth using just to check the credibility of his claim.
fartownik
Okay, then policy lynch rEdo.
rEdo
fack u
rEdo
No, really. If you lynch me today, they'll probably NK Sephibro - two Townies less for scum to get rid of. That's not something you want, unless you're scum yourself.
fartownik
Why did you vote yourself then and now you say it'll be bad for us
rEdo
because kappa
NoHitter
Yeah I think role spec abilities are more town than scum. That means Sephi is prob town as well unless we got another miller/misleading role.
Sephibro
we are in a awesome situation atm: if nobody else claims miller/misleading role i'm confirmed, if somebody else does it's 1v1
rEdo

Sephibro wrote:

we are in a awesome situation atm: if nobody else claims miller/misleading role i'm confirmed, if somebody else does it's 1v1
Exactly what I had in mind while asking that question. If nobody from Town goes full retard and doesn't claim a misleading role if he has one, you're pretty much confirmed.
fartownik
Vote: NoHitter
Sakura

fartownik wrote:

Is this PoE?
fartownik
Yes.
Chamelo

fartownik wrote:

So fast...
Sakura

fartownik wrote:

Yes.
That's a bit early for PoE i think, you'd have to think that
Sephibro and rEdo are town (these are the most obvious ones so far)
From me, CTs-h, NoHitter and Lincolm 2 or 3 are town and you're PoEing the 1 or 2 remaining.

Could you explain these reads then?
fartownik
I can go for the assumption that Sephibro & rEdo are both Town, though I won't feel safe playing with the lucky gambit for the whole game, but you wouldn't let me lynch any of them for sure.

Lincolm would be a lurksack lynch, which is opportunistic.

CTs-h would be a lynch on newbie, opportunistic as well.

Picking from you and NH, the latter pings me a little. Half-active, half-decent posts, also this felt like a random way to 'propose' something, not exactly useful, but 'he always proposes something when he's Town' so it would fit his meta.
Sakura
And why are you avoiding people just because it would be opportunistic?

Wouldnt NH following his Town meta be more of an indication he's town?
fartownik
Not 'just because it would be opportunistic', but I don't like lynching lurksacks & newbies D1 because it's where scum can easily fit in the wagon, that's what scum does when they can't establish reads. And they don't feel like scum anyhow for me right now.

For the second question - no. If he does that artificially then what's the point of even doing that if he's Town?
Sephibro
i want lincolm to make more posts before we go ahead

btw sakura i'm the only confirmed now (unless somebody else claims miller or something), rEdo made a very town-oriented play but that doesn't make him confirmed
Sakura
I never said he was conf town i only said you both were the most obvious townreads for a PoE in farto's case.
NoHitter
@farto
So let me confirm your logic.
The reason why you aren't voting for Lincolm or CTs is because their wagons will seem "opportunistic". Yet this doesn't matter if they are scum.
You don't know if they're scum or not, but you're already looking at them as if they were town. Since the only way the wagon will become "opportunistic" is if they ARE town.
NoHitter
Basically your reasoning of not lynching them based on their lynches being "opportunistic" already assumes they are Town.
fartownik
Well, that's not the main reason. Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly.
NoHitter

fartownik wrote:

Well, that's not the main reason. Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly.
Then please elaborate it.
fartownik
Like I said, they just don't feel scum for me anyhow. I don't read them as scum.
Sephibro
he's saying that we wouldn't get much from analyzing their wagons because of that reason
now farto the question is: will nh's wagon give more information?
NoHitter
Then why bother bringing the entire "opportunistic lynch" thing then?
If anything, by pointing that out, you are somehow trying to deter people from voting them.
NoHitter

Sephibro wrote:

he's saying that we wouldn't get much from analyzing their wagons because of that reason
now farto the question is: will nh's wagon give more information?
But it's still under the assumption that they were Town.
You don't lynch someone with the belief that if they were Town, you could analyze the wagon better.
You go for a scum lynch in the first place.
Sakura
ISOing farto.

fartownik wrote:

Vote: rEdo
This was farto's first post obviously it's an RVS, however there was already the miller stuff to discuss so why a random naked vote on rEdo?

fartownik wrote:

Obviously Sephibro's could be a fakeclaim, that's why WIFOM, but rEdo's should be truthful (even if it was a fakeclaim it doesn't matter at this point so why fakeclaim).
Instantly casts doubt on sephibro's claim because of the WIFOM and then...

fartownik wrote:

Well, not really. It's a common, non-risky tacitc to claim at the beginning if you're a Miller. This way you can avoid claiming it AFTER someone (a Cop) had a Guilty result on you, making your role more credible. Obviously by doing this you're also throwing a shitton of WIFOM because it might as well be a gambit so you are investigation-immune.

By the way, what do you guys think of a policy lynch on Sephibro?
Decides to go for a policy lynch rather than scumhunt.

fartownik wrote:

No one knows. But the fact that he claimed Miller in the beginning of the game might indicate that:
- he's really a Miller and he's going for the non-risky way;
- he's scum and wants to be investigation-immune

Both seem same plausible for me at the moment, that's why I proposed a policy lynch.
More proposal of policy lynching rather than scum hunting.

fartownik wrote:

Indeed, but right now there's no other candidate and No Lynch is out of consideration.
"There's no other candidate" Yet refuses to find another possible candidate, no general scumhunting so far just "OMG LYNCH SEPHIBRO"

fartownik wrote:

@NoHitter: Sephibro is able to come with such gambit imo, especially after playing a game with pieguy (the one you were also scum) where he claimed Miller after being scanned Guilty by a Cop.
Now it's not a policy lynch, apparently sephibro claiming miller has made him scumread him to begin with.

fartownik wrote:

Back pedal on sephibro now that the mod confirmed there being at least one misleading role. Heading to rEdo because apparently he wants to eliminate all sources of WIFOM.

fartownik wrote:

Okay, then policy lynch rEdo.
Now another policy lynch.

fartownik wrote:

Why did you vote yourself then and now you say it'll be bad for us
First sign of scumhunting from fartownik.

fartownik wrote:

jumps off rEdo and onto NH.

fartownik wrote:

I can go for the assumption that Sephibro & rEdo are both Town, though I won't feel safe playing with the lucky gambit for the whole game, but you wouldn't let me lynch any of them for sure.
So now he's appeasing and "going for the assumption they are town"

fartownik wrote:

Not 'just because it would be opportunistic', but I don't like lynching lurksacks & newbies D1 because it's where scum can easily fit in the wagon, that's what scum does when they can't establish reads. And they don't feel like scum anyhow for me right now.

For the second question - no. If he does that artificially then what's the point of even doing that if he's Town?
So being newbie or being lurksack = rising up in the town scale so much that they are an opportunistic lynch, such a thing didnt stop you on High School Mafia iirc.

fartownik wrote:

Like I said, they just don't feel scum for me anyhow. I don't read them as scum.
You haven't done much scumhunting so far to come to a conclusion like that.

I think this is farscumik
Unvote
Vote: fartownik
Sakura
Also overall farto hasn't interacted much with CTs-Th as much as how the heck does he avoid questioning him to figure out his alignment... enough to PoE NH out of everyone else.
fartownik
You know that no one is even scumhunting? Before my policy lynch proposal there was only NH somehow trying to scumhunt, not even you did that so why you pick on me for not doing it?

Policy lynch is an okay thing to do when you have a good chance to confirm someone by doing that. You say 'scumhunting', but what would you scumhunt on if I hadn't even proposed policy lynch?
Sakura
Because you have too many townreads for someone that's done no scumhunting at all.
fartownik
I don't have townreads besides rEdo and Sephibro.
fartownik
And they're both only assumption-townreads, not behavior townreads.
show more