forum

Some additions and changes to notifications

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
pixeldesu
I had no idea to name it better, so..yes, here are my suggestions for some nice (or "maybe" nice) things for notifications.

1. Avatars in (single) user online/offline-Notifications
Pretty self-explaining. Why would it be useful/better than the current state?: You just need to take a little look or just a glimpse on the notification to find out who exactly went online, not reading the name.

2. Achievement-Notifications
Hmm...I think this would be a bit better then showing the achievements in the middle of the online-ranking, and it would be a nice thing though (because you could miss the achievement if you don't scroll down to the online-rankings)

3. Level up-Notifications
This would be a nice thing because I really miss leveling up often (sometimes I need some hours or days to realize it) and a little notification would just show that you level'd up.

4. Being able to color names in Notifications (maybe supporter feature)
Another thing to find out easier who went online, especially in those "more than one user went online"-Notifications. The colors could be changed with a dialogue when clicking on a userpanel of the user (must be friend) of which you want to change the color.

Also this could be combined with the Avatar-Notifications.
Soner Wolf
I like numbers 1 and 3 the most. 2 and 4 just seem unnecessary to me. But I do see a point in seeing the avatars and how that would be faster and easier. however people can change those at will so it might get confusing. I also like the idea of a notification when you level because it takes so long for me (and lots of other people) to actually level up, and I hardly ever notice it when I do.
jemhuntr
full support for everything.
Wishy
I agree that those notifications would be nice, but of course I already see people wanting this absolutely disabled (aka toggle).
Oinari-sama

Wishy wrote:

I agree that those notifications would be nice, but of course I already see people wanting this absolutely disabled (aka toggle).
Personally the existing "Hide notifications during game play" option is good enough for me, but yeah some people may want to turn it off completely.

Nice request!
thelewa

Wishy wrote:

But there ARE toggles for disabling all notifications right now, so there would ofcourse be toggles for this too
Topic Starter
pixeldesu

Wishy wrote:

Sure people want to toggle that, but in case of the Level up/Achievement-Notifications: They don't happen so often that they would annoy at all (achievement, if not hunt after, are likely happening in rare cases).

The avatar and colored name thing are just kinda additions and won't distract as much as the current notifications do.
mxy_old_1
I really support this, because it would be a really good feature, what makes much stuff easier to see for us.

- i don't have stars. ;_; -