forum

[Archived] I think I messed up my osu! It wont start! T^T Please help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sunshinegirl_old
http://puu.sh/iVj3

:? So how this started was probably because my updater didn't work, since every time I clicked it osu! exited and didn't start back up.

I logged on to osu! yesterday and there was a small pink box saying there was an osu update, I forgot what I did next but after osu! exited out and I clicked start again it said "osu! is updating" or something then exited out quickly. I had this happen before but a few hours later it worked again. But this time it kept doing that and didn't quit. I gave up and tried today but it still was not coperating.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled osu! 3 times and everytime it tells me about and update and how during the download, it encountered an error!

I have no clue what to do! Please help!!! If this has been resolved give me a link asap! :cry:
hahanottelling
From your screen, I would guess maybe osu! is trying to download+run a new updater, but isn't downloading or saving it with the name it expects.

Maybe try running it as administrator to make sure it can write to the folder?
Lucy-Kaede
Open your osu! folder, and find and delete "osume.exe" Then:

peppy wrote:

Try manually downloading the latest osume.exe from http://osu.ppy.sh/release/osume.exe
And run is as admin, as hahanottelling said.
Topic Starter
sunshinegirl_old
Thank you! I tried that but it still didn't work.
But when I went to the osu! folder I saw two copies of it but deleted them though. Could this be a reason?
Winshley
Move osu! game temporarily to different folder (e.g: Desktop) and try updating it from there. (You don't have to move all the stuff including songs folder and whatever, only files that is not within another sub-folder will do)

Once you can get it updated, simply move it back. ;)
Topic Starter
sunshinegirl_old

Winshley wrote:

Move osu! game temporarily to different folder (e.g: Desktop) and try updating it from there. (You don't have to move all the stuff including songs folder and whatever, only files that is not within another sub-folder will do)

Sorry but that still didn't work, but it got it to open up normally instead of disappearing immediately. :|
Topic Starter
sunshinegirl_old

Winshley wrote:

:lol: OH yeah... IT WORKED YES! THAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just out of the blue it started working again thank youuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!! :cry: :)
KairosVR
NICE
Dntm8kmeeatu

KairosVR wrote:

NICE

Nice bump on a 5 year old thread.

Please refrain from doing this -_-
AlexaIsDeadUwu
it didn't work..
Death

AlexaIsDeadUwu wrote:

it didn't work..
Please make a new thread if you are having issues.