forum

Is my 8* Map Passable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bot_david
I have never mapped something that's way out of my skill before, So I tried to make one.

My map : https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1077910#osu/2255546
no hitsounds yet

I think this map is relatively easy(for an 8*) but has 2 difficulty spike that I cannot pass yet.
I'd like to know the general opinion of my map too, since I haven't gotten a mod yet.
Is it overmapped, is the general flow good?
I'm relatively new to mapping so suggestion to improve my map is appreciated.
Sammydewie
Yes, your 8* map is passable, however, there are some major flaws...

The general flow of the map in some sections is not mapped well at all. Rhythm choice, especially at 04:18:536, doesn't fit well at all (unless of course, you were just screwing around.) Spacing is thrown right out the window when it comes to your rhythms. This could be a great 8* map if you know how to space your objects.

My advice for you mapping in the future is don't overdo it. You seemed to have tried to make a really difficult map with no real construction. Learn the rules before you break them. Keep mapping, but try to make your maps a little less difficult. If you go into a mapping project to make it an 8* and 8* only, it will fall apart. I am still improving and still haven't ranked my first map. Hell, it may take years for me to accomplish that. So take your time when learning to map, you've got a long way ahead of you. ;)
Topic Starter
bot_david

Sammydewie wrote:

Yes, your 8* map is passable, however, there are some major flaws...

The general flow of the map in some sections is not mapped well at all. Rhythm choice, especially at 04:18:536, doesn't fit well at all (unless of course, you were just screwing around.) Spacing is thrown right out the window when it comes to your rhythms. This could be a great 8* map if you know how to space your objects.

My advice for you mapping in the future is don't overdo it. You seemed to have tried to make a really difficult map with no real construction. Learn the rules before you break them. Keep mapping, but try to make your maps a little less difficult. If you go into a mapping project to make it an 8* and 8* only, it will fall apart. I am still improving and still haven't ranked my first map. Hell, it may take years for me to accomplish that. So take your time when learning to map, you've got a long way ahead of you. ;)

Thanks I'm still going to edit the map and I know the general feel is still very bad. Still working on spacing since I tried to meet the higher diff while keeping it reasonable. so thanks for the suggestion.