forum

Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
epic man 2
So while there's multiple questions I would like to see answered about the Mapping Guidelines since I would like to get better at mapping.

So this is one of the questions:

1. Is it okay to map vocals averagely for a Easy / Normal difficulty and have the Harder difficulties map the Instrumental only?

This is a question on the "Only map the Instrumental of the song unless the vocals is the only thing you can hear" rule, which I feel like attempting for a bit..

But what is the purpose of the question?

The purpose of this question is that I mapped "Clickbait" by Botnek, not Nik Import's Edit of it or anything; the Original and Copyrighted version. The beatmap has 2 difficulties in all since I was told to map it while I took mapping it as practice, the map's Easy difficulty (Which I nicknamed the "Not Copyrighted" difficulty) maps the "What happens next will shock you" vocals for parts in the Normal Difficulty while the Hard Difficulty has only the "Kim Kardashian is dead" vocals mapped and no other vocals I think, the intensity bar only says that some parts of the beatmap is overmapped is because the Instrumental is mapped while vocals aren't mapped much in the scenario. If I sent the map to be reviewed by some mapping experts, would it seem like a good map that follows the criteria in a way still while the vocals are averagely mapped in the Normal?

I could send the .Osz for those that want to play it and review if it is okay for the Osu!Mania mapping guidelines, I do feel like making a dump map of "Do The Mario" as a joke beatmap similar to that one Mario Paint beatmap that gets featured in 'Dan's, as it's a map full of streams and whatnot.

If anyone wants to play it, DM me on Discord, my tag is "WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE...?#7618" for if someome is going to give constructive criticism, since that is what i'll look for whenever I map a song.