forum

Can I upload a Guest Difficulty by myself to get mods and then take it down afterwards?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyan Cookie
I'm a new mapper, and I like making maps using other newbie's maps' songs for practice. Recently I've finished making a such a map and I feel like I want to upload it and get some feedback, but I'm afraid that it might be considered plagiarism (since I did take a bit of inspiration from the map too). Thus I was thinking of turning it into a Guest Difficulty to get mods (I haven't confirmed it yet with the mapper, but he's pretty chill and will most likely accept. Either way, let's hypothetically say he accepts).

However, the mods' notifications will be directed to the original mapper's inbox and will bother him, and plus, I won't be able to edit the map myself without bothering him all the time. Am I allowed to upload the map myself to get mods before giving it to him and is there a way to take down the map afterwards? Thanks.
milkyray
usually you'll just reply to the mods yourself along with the mapper.
i don't recommend this though as you'll have to wait a full month just to delete the map.
Endaris
It is allowed to upload if you have the original mapper's consent.

If you want to get the map on a set and have the set being ranked then you should seek to have it on the right set from the start so the modding history is transparent for everyone.
If you reupload the map with a different beatmap ID people won't be able to see your old mod replies which can cause a lot of overhead so I wouldn't recommend it.