forum

osu fps limiter changes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yuxxxi
This is likely just a me issue but i just had to say something in hopes that maybe something could be done to help me.

I don't understand why change the fps limiters the way they've been changed. my PC cant push the "optimal" 480 fps and so it stutters like "unlimited". I could just use power saving or v sync but those are both too low for me to play properly...Id love it if i could get my 240fps back so i could play properly once again please and thanks.

p.s. I think the best thing to do would be to add a numerical fps limiter slider for those who cant hit optimal but also cant properly use vsync
Flanster
You can set a custom fps in your osu!.<name>.cfg (make sure osu! is closed first)
CustomFrameLimit = 240
Topic Starter
yuxxxi

Flanster wrote:

You can set a custom fps in your osu!.<name>.cfg (make sure osu! is closed first)
CustomFrameLimit = 240

i tried that.. the file says 240 for me...but its actually 480 in game...I'll change it to 120 then back to 240 and see if that works

edit: it didnt but ive managed to squeeze a fairly stable 480fps out of optimal
Magnus Cosmos
Make sure to set the frame sync to custom as well:
FrameSync = Custom

Note, since you can no longer get to custom with F7, you have to manully do this every time you change the frame synce (so if you want it to stay at custom, don't touch frame sync [F7])
MnogonoshkaArts
the stupidest thing that peppy ever done