forum

How can I create a mapset with different songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakisagee
I want to do a compilation of my favourite maps on osu!mania, but I can't because I don't know how to put multiple beatmaps on a mapset ;-;
help....
Nao Tomori
basically the way it works is this: each difficulty needs a .osu file and a mp3 in the folder of the set. then in the .osu file you go to the line that specifies which mp3 to read and change that to the relevant mp3 file in the folder. that way it matches the .osu file to the mp3.
milkyray

Nao Tomori wrote:

basically the way it works is this: each difficulty needs a .osu file and a mp3 in the folder of the set. then in the .osu file you go to the line that specifies which mp3 to read and change that to the relevant mp3 file in the folder. that way it matches the .osu file to the mp3.

he's talking about different songs, not different difficulties.

if you want to do that, you'll have to make a song compilation
try to use a sound program like audacity. it'll take awhile but it sounds good.
marcelo

Milkyy wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

I think he means different song for each difficulty, like a jump practice map or something
milkyray

nloader wrote:

Milkyy wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

I think he means different song for each difficulty, like a jump practice map or something

is that even possible?
JBHyperion
If you want each song to be in a new difficulty, use the method described by Nao Tomori (multiple mp3 files in one song folder, change the entry "AudioFilename: audio.mp3" in the .osu file to the name of your second, etc. mp3 files for their respective difficulties).

If you want to put multiple songs into a single difficulty, use the method described by Milkyy (an audio editing software such as Audacity is free and relatively easy to use) to combine your mp3 files into one, then use this as your beatmap's mp3.
marcelo

Milkyy wrote:

nloader wrote:

Milkyy wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

is that even possible?

Yeah, see: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/859515#osu/2082013
Same song but different mp3 file for each difficulty because of the bpm changes
Topic Starter
Sakisagee
Well, I mean that I want to create a compilation of differents maps, but not putting all the songs in only one beatmap. Like every difficult has a different songs and style, for example like this:

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/509116#mania/1082726

I hope my point of view will understand to everyone unu
Endaris

Sakisagee wrote:

Well, I mean that I want to create a compilation of differents maps, but not putting all the songs in only one beatmap. Like every difficult has a different songs and style, for example like this:

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/509116#mania/1082726

I hope my point of view will understand to everyone unu

You already got the answer for that by Nao/JBHyperion, just read through the answers more carefully.