forum

[STD] elonmusk's tourney for tea (Reg. closed, Preliminaries tomorrow)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
North Korea

elonmuskinspace is hosting the Tourney for Tea!

Registration for staff and participant closed.

Welcome one, welcome all, to the greatest (ha, overstatement) osu! tournament you will ever play in, elonmuskinspace's tourney for tea. Why do I call it tourney for tea, because the most you will be able to buy with the prize money is a cup of tea from your local tea shop (assuming you have one.) But you don't care about my ramblings do you, you care about rules and regulations and all that other good stuff, am I right or am I right? Yeah, I'm right, right. Ah, whatever.

Rules
So the rules are pretty simple, we're gonna play like men armed with sticks on a rotating platfo- No? Alright, here's the actual rules.

1. 4 teams. Each team has a team captain who represents the team and submits decisions for bans, picks, !roll situations, etc.
  2. 3v3 matches, OWC quarterfinals ban/pick structure. Lower !roll team captain chooses a ban, higher !roll team bans two maps, then first team bans their final map. !roll will be used at the beginning of a match. Each captain, and one team member will roll. Whichever combined score from a team is higher is which team will pick first. Lower team will ban first.
  3. Registration is closed. The Preliminary rounds allow the team captains to evaluate the performance of the participants to choose the best team.
  4. Mappools raise in difficulty as the rounds go on. e.g., Round of 12 will have easier maps then Finals.

Schedule
  1. Team Captains will be able to choose a name for their team, but we will refer to teams as T1, T2, so on in this schedule. Your opponents are randomly generated.
  2. Round of 12. 2 3v3 matches. T1 v. T2, T3 v. T4. Winners move to next round. Captains must play. Captains can substitute players during match. Should a player in the team be offline or leave the match for any reason, they can still participate if the captain can make them active. Special conditions: Mappool will have 4 NM, 4 FM, 2 HD, 2 HR, 2 DT, and 1 TB. Failed scores count. Best of 9.
  3. Finals. 1 3v3 match. Winner of M1 in Ro12 v. Winner of M2 in Ro12. Special conditions: Mappool will have 5 FM, 5 NM, 2 HD, 2 HR, 2 DT, and 1 TB. Best of 13.

Documentation/Links
Roster: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUSKpNQnVy7xCZEp8E5YymRRZG7PQXTrCuz3srcZpIM/edit?usp=sharing

Discord Official Invite: https://discord.gg/88YzTV

Twitch Stream for TFT2019 - https://www.twitch.tv/tr0picality - TFT 2019 is being streamed by Tropicality, our commentator. Players may stream the tourney from their POV if you would prefer to watch them.

Staff
Host: elonmuskinspace
Match Referee: elonmuskinspace
Commentator/Streamer: Tropicality
Mappool team: zedah, Tropicality
Tourney Underwriter: denis1008

Thanks for making this tourney the best it can be this early on. Constructive criticism appreciated.

Best wishes, Elon Musk.
ExLuck
no discord?
and i think 5v5 is a bit hard for scheduling
Topic Starter
North Korea

ExLuck wrote:

no discord?
and i think 5v5 is a bit hard for scheduling

I was working on the discord last night. Finishing it now xd