[added] More than 50 map favorites

posted
Total Posts
53
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +29
show more
Topic Starter
Aqo
I'm actually checking maps regularly and already have over 200 mapsets I'd like to place a fav on.
eldnl
You shouldn't play that much then
nrii

eldnl wrote:

You shouldn't play that much then
nah thats not the issue, the issue is that this would diminish what the word "favourite" means by having so many "favourites"
bwross
I think the idea of limiting the online favourites is to maintain their value. With the supply limited, seeing a mapset with hundreds of people favouriting means something. When the number of new mapsets gets sufficiently large and peppy notices, it will probably go up again.
eldnl

nrii wrote:

eldnl wrote:

You shouldn't play that much then
nah thats not the issue, the issue is that this would diminish what the word "favourite" means by having so many "favourites"
there shouldn't be that much awesome maps then
Topic Starter
Aqo
I dig a lot and check a ton of maps all the time. My favs are hardpicked from many and really deserve it. I want to support mapper with +1 fav on their map when it deserves it but there's too many awesome maps today and it feels wrong to have to pick only a few.
Stefan

Aqo wrote:

I want to support mapper with +1 fav on their map when it deserves it but there's too many awesome maps today and it feels wrong to have to pick only a few.
To be honest, there is a very low number of unranked Maps which makes attention over their Favorite number. And mostly, Maps gets after the rank the attention, aka Fav, etc.
deadbeat
peppy has all ready stated that he wants a limit on this number to make you really think about which maps are your favorites. 50 should be enough for now
EDIT:

peppy wrote:

I like having a limit because it makes you think about which you consider the best of the best. Sure the overall number of maps is increasing, but you could just replace the maps you consider better into your favourites list.
Stefan
Pretty much this, what peppy said.
Nitojgrem
Here's peppys post of the last thread p/569964 where an increased number of favorited maps got requested... I think that's pretty clear~
(and yeah, from there is deadbeats quote~)
Topic Starter
Aqo

peppy wrote:

I like having a limit because it makes you think about which you consider the best of the best. Sure the overall number of maps is increasing, but you could just replace the maps you consider better into your favourites list.
The overall amount of maps is increasing A LOT lately, and there's a ton of new maps I'd like to add to my favs as an easier reference for people looking for great fun maps. You definitely need more than 50 today. More like 200-300. And this is after a ton of consideration and filtering over 4000 different playtested maps.
Experienced mappers are also able to produce more new extremely good maps faster, and there's quite some active experienced mappers right now.

I can't just replace one map I like for new maps I like anymore. No possible. Need a higher limit.
deadbeat
how many people even need 200-300 favorites. that's way more than what is needed. hell how many people have even filled up all 50 slots?
winber1
20 was already too much for me to fill to begin with. maybe my standards are too high.

and my favorites also aren't filled with hard things either. Sometimes i honestly feel like since the song is hard then it's automatically awesome, aqo. I know it's not really completely true, but yes (for example) saten's maps are good, but i would not favorite them, because they are not epically mapped and are not super epic songs.

my favorites are kinda outdated tho. and i don't really agree with what i have there lol
Topic Starter
Aqo

winber1 wrote:

and my favorites also aren't filled with hard things either. Sometimes i honestly feel like since the song is hard then it's automatically awesome, aqo. I know it's not really completely true, but yes (for example) saten's maps are good, but i would not favorite them, because they are not epically mapped and are not super epic songs.
take a look at my favorites, a lot of my favs are not hard at all; I don't fav based on what is hard, I fav based on what map is beautiful and fun and I'd recommend to others. imo there's really a lot of really-good maps now and the list limit has to be extended.

don't know how you can say stuff like Assailant or Creator or Chinden is not epic, anyway. has amazing flow, fits the song great, looks professional and slick, everything about it is great and I can't hope for better possible maps in this game

what an annoying limit.
winber1

Aqo wrote:

don't know how you can say stuff like Assailant or Creator or Chinden is not epic, anyway. has amazing flow, fits the song great, looks professional and slick, everything about it is great and I can't hope for better possible maps in this game
the songs aren't most amazing thing ever. I have taste in music i guess, but for song to be on my favorite, it has to be at a song where if I randomly find it/hear it/f2 it, i just HAVE TO PLAY IT CUZ IT'S THAT SONG... well for the most part.
Topic Starter
Aqo
I guess I must be one of the very few people in this game that don't like most of the music and don't give a damn about it and only play for the maps :'s
VioletMaid
Who cares about who favorites what map?

It makes them easier to find to play again.

What purpose does a maximum amount even remotely serve other than irritating people by not allowing them to remember fun maps outside of making a notepad document? (which is what i do, lol) Think logically people.
Luna

Unkind wrote:

Who cares about who favorites what map?

It makes them easier to find to play again.

What purpose does a maximum amount even remotely serve other than irritating people by not allowing them to remember fun maps outside of making a notepad document? (which is what i do, lol) Think logically people.
Just use Favourites A/B instead of Online Favs?
Stefan

Aqo wrote:

I guess I must be one of the very few people in this game that don't like most of the music and don't give a damn about it and only play for the maps :'s
If I would fav Beatmaps because of the Music, my List would go around +500.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Luna wrote:

Just use Favourites A/B instead of Online Favs?
Well I'm already using notepad documentation like Unkind said for my own listing. I just don't understand why the site limit is restricted. Sharing fun maps through fav'ing them is important in helping those maps get approved, too, by making other people notice them and spread the attention to them.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply