forum

When should i call a BN to check my beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Not DT Farmer
I made a map recently and it is modded by some people already.Also there are 5 hype already
Can anyone tell me when should i call a BN to check my map?
Serizawa Haruki
You can try asking a BN if your map is good enough to be ranked or not, but a non-BN modder can probably tell you that too if they have some knowledge of the ranking criteria and map quality
Topic Starter
Not DT Farmer
ok ty
Endaris
You want to call a BN if you feel like your map lives up to the standard of ranked maps, not only including the ranking criteria but also overall quality.
Try to be reasonable about it.
You'll want to make sure that each difficulty of your set has received a decent amount of modding activity.
Right now, none of your difficulties on that map have been modded by more than 1 person. That is not enough. Not even close considering that you have no prior experience ranking maps. There have been remap suggestions for singular difficulties from the one single map already.

Asking for a BN check at this point with the goal of getting the map ranked is completely unrealistic in my opinion. Try to gather more opinions from different people. There's nothing wrong with asking a BN with the goal of getting a qualified opinion on the state of your map but as mentioned by Serizawa Haruki, many modders will be able to give you a rough assessment as well.