forum

Slider Velocity changes for All BPMs instead of just one

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Im_A_Person
Every time I try to change map's slider velocity it had changed the velocity of sliders on all BPMs instead of just one. This means that sliders on the entire map were affected by the change. Is there anything I can do about this?
Endaris
This is the global slider velocity.

This global SV affects everything. Everything not only includes the SV of every slider but also how far circles will be spaced from each other on the same distance snap.

If you want to locally change the SV you need to create an inherited timing section which you can do by opening the Timing Setup Panel (F6).

Here you will find 2 important things:
In the list on the right you will see all inherited (green) and uninherited (red) timing points of your map. To change the SV locally you need to add a new inherited section which you can do by clicking the green + button below and making sure the box "Inherit previous timing settings" is checked (if you uncheck it, it becomes red!).

Now after you verified that the offset is correct you can change the slider velocity multiplier on the left side.
Note that it is called multiplier for a reason: The value you use here is multiplied with the global slider velocity to get the new effective SV!

When you confirm your new SV change by pressing OK you will find that all sliders after the timing point will have the changed SV. Often this is not what you want.
In my opinion it is the best practice to first find out where you want your SV change to end, then put a new inherited point there without changing anything and only after that adding the inherited point for the SV change. That way you won't have to tidy up the rest of the map if anything with resnapping on the SV change goes wrong.

Have fun with your SV changes and good luck with your map!
Topic Starter
Im_A_Person
Thank you for your help!