forum

!bin v1.1_2 - Delete all your beatmap videos easily!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Axyss

!bin v1.1_2 - Delete all your beatmap videos easily!

Hi people, recently, I've released a program.

What It does and why are you posting this? You may be wondering...

Well, in broad strokes, !bin deletes ALL the osu! beatmap videos in a very simple and safe way. The idea first appeared when I wanted to delete my own beatmap videos (what a surprise xd) to free some space, then I thought: "HEY, I could upload this to GitHub and let everyone use It". And that's what I ended up doing.

By that time !bin was just a single console script that only worked on my computer, so before releasing It I had to create the GUI and adapt It, so It could work in any system.

And after a month... Here It is uwu

(It's completely programmed in Python, and the project is open source if someone's interested).

IMPORTANT:
If you are not very familiarized with GitHub or you just want to know more about the project, you can find more information in the repository docs which are availible both in Spanish and English, in case you are just interested in downloading and use the program, read the docs and follow the instructions.

Also, It's possible that when you try to delete the videos the program won't do anything, this is caused because removing a great ammount of files by an "unknown" program is a pretty suspicious command for windows. To fix this, you just have to run !bin as administrator.

Link of the project:
https://github.com/Axyss/-bin

Any kind of feedback is welcome :)
Flanster
That is pretty neat. I've glanced over the code and you're missing WMV, some map videos use this format. Also I advise for you to warn people somewhere in the program to make backups just in case.
Topic Starter
Axyss

Flanster wrote:

That is pretty neat. I've glanced over the code and you're missing WMV, some map videos use this format. Also I advise for you to warn people somewhere in the program to make backups just in case.

Thank you very much for noticing It :D, I didn't know that, the .wmv format is now supported, I just have to rebuild the .exe file again, about warning people to make backups I don't see It as something neccessary because the program is very prepared to detect what's a bm video and what's not. Anyways I'm going to add It, backups never hurt.
Araxcrow
This is insane, saved me from 87 gb's of mostly useless stuff.
You are a literal god, thank you so much.
Crysox
This is great, thank you!!