forum

Make Bancho send notifications when you get muted. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Wishy
That. Afaik any mod can go mute you and you get no notifications at all. Make it so Bancho will message you with the mute reason, time, and mod that applied it. I got ninja muted a few days ago (I just realized it now lol) and it's not the first time I see this happen, first time happening to me though. Got muted because of "excessive spamming", when all I did was... chat, but yeah mods are dumb and that won't change so getting a nice notification about who muted you + reason + mute time would be nice.
MillhioreF
peppy made it pretty clear that he won't be changing that... but I support maybe having BanchoBot send it after the silence is over? Because if you don't even know you got silenced in the first place, what's gonna make you change your behavior?
blissfulyoshi
Duplicate of t/95378/hilit=+silenced and all the reasoning should be inside there
Topic Starter
Wishy

MillhioreF wrote:

peppy made it pretty clear that he won't be changing that... but I support maybe having BanchoBot send it after the silence is over? Because if you don't even know you got silenced in the first place, what's gonna make you change your behavior?
Exactly. Plus this leaves place for mods to go random muting people for retarded reasons (YOU CHAT TOO MUCH or I THINK YOU ARE TROLLING) and nothing ever happens to them.