forum

Fix for the infamous "Half screen" tablet issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MunsterMc
I have finally found a workaround for the infamous glitch/bug that has plagued the game since forever with people who use more than 1 monitor.

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/285137?hilit=Half
A reference topic from 5 years ago for those who don't know what I'm mentionning.

A quick TL;DR of the issue is the following, tablet users who use multiple screens will run into an issue where having "Map Absolute Raw Input" setting cause their tablet to only cover HALF of their screen (Depending on how their monitors are positionned).

A workaround for this is the following:

- Press Windows Key + P and set your screen to Main Screen only
- Go into your tablet driver settings and set your Display to the Main display you use (This will be the display that you want to run osu! on and should be the only one with video output)
- Now that these 2 steps are done SAVE AND APPLY the settings!
- You may now press the Windows Key + P again to select Extend and go back to your normal monitor configurations

When you go back into osu! now you can select the 'Map absolute Raw Input' option and the game will take your tablet input as if you only had 1 screen, this is extremely useful for players who are used to playing with the setting on a single monitor and have recently upgraded to dual or more monitor setups for reasons such as streaming.

Personally I have been looking for a fix for this issue for 2 years and only stumbled upon this by accident recently. If you know anyone who has complained about this issue in the past please share this thread with them as I wish I had known about this before.
Argentina
it worked, thank you very much
tgxadi
tsym
BekZz
ty sir
Wilsoh10
TYYYYYY <3