forum

[Archived] Random stutter which messes up song / map timing.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kishuya
Problem details: What the title says ^, this may sometimes occur when I'm using obs, but not like this and the map usually continues at the same pace as the song (after the stutter). I was grinding big black to try better my reading abilities, and suddenly after switching to a Vaxei skin, all the song and beatmap timings were messed up and at a closer look, the map seemed to stutter for a second before playing while the song didn't; I checked background processes, changed skins, messed around with settings, used compatability mode, restarted my pc, etc; Nothing seemed to work.

Edit: I thought it was my bluetooth headphones, but it happens even when I have them off.
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20191006.1 (latest)
Death
Do you have a video of this behavior?

Sounds like an audio driver issue to me. I would try giving those a reinstall if possible.
Topic Starter
Kishuya

Death wrote:

Do you have a video of this behavior?

Sounds like an audio driver issue to me. I would try giving those a reinstall if possible.

Sadly I do not, If the problem continues when I later open up osu!, I'll do that, Thank's. Though I do find it strange that it happened mid game.

Edit, I tried to see if any of my drivers needed to be updated only to get the message that they were up to date; I then tried to see if my windows needed updating, which it did; but when I went to do so I got "Error 0x80242fff" which prevented me from updating, I also tried recording, but despite recording in the past; my obs was heavily lagging around 5fps. P.S: I recently installed a secondary monitor which is when these issues started arising with osu and OBS, my second 60hz monitor is connected using a HDMI to DVI cable and my 144hz is connected with a display port cable.