forum

Settings inconsistencies between 4key clients

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lights
Hi. I play Etterna and Quaver in addition to osu!mania; all 3 of which having very different ways of handling things like scroll speed, arrow size, column padding, etc.

Does anyone have any reliable methods for replicating these settings between clients (mainly between osu! and Stepmania) because I can't seem to figure it out and google isn't helping.
XxduckpigxX
You can put them side by side and try to guess with your eyes.
Topic Starter
Lights
Yeah, im gathering that nobody has figured a solution out. osu!lazer and stepmania are both open source, it shouldnt be impossible to write a converter. Thats my new plan.
[ro]Nosteal
trivial problem that takes some time to fix honestly, just experiment around a bit until you find what you like
XxduckpigxX
Quaver is open source as well btw
Bobbias
My suggestion is to treat them like different games. It's surprisingly easy to play with completely different settings between different games.

I play with a bar skin, column width of ~30 (varies between columns in 7k, which is my main mode), scroll speed 14 with FL mod, and downscroll in mania.

I play stepmania/etterna with arrows, upscroll, preferably a bit of mini, c1000-c1200, and no vision mods.
Topic Starter
Lights

Bobbias wrote:

My suggestion is to treat them like different games. It's surprisingly easy to play with completely different settings between different games.

I play with a bar skin, column width of ~30 (varies between columns in 7k, which is my main mode), scroll speed 14 with FL mod, and downscroll in mania.

I play stepmania/etterna with arrows, upscroll, preferably a bit of mini, c1000-c1200, and no vision mods.

But like... I'm bad at stepmania. And I'd rather blame it on my settings than git gud.
Connormgs

Lights wrote:

Bobbias wrote:

But like... I'm bad at stepmania. And I'd rather blame it on my settings than git gud.

If you're bad at stepmania you're gonna be worse at osumania since it has tighter timing windows, timed hold releases and it just doesn't feel great to play coming from stepmania. Another issues is five different skins will completely different to play with compared to a change like a noteskin in stepmania.
NightNarumi

Connormgs wrote:

If you're bad at stepmania you're gonna be worse at osumania

I completely disagree with this as I am absolutely useless in stepmania because of the skinning.
I hit a consistent +70ms no matter what I change (skin, scrollspeed, hitposition, offset).
Topic Starter
Lights

Connormgs wrote:

Lights wrote:

Bobbias wrote:

If you're bad at stepmania you're gonna be worse at osumania since it has tighter timing windows, timed hold releases and it just doesn't feel great to play coming from stepmania. Another issues is five different skins will completely different to play with compared to a change like a noteskin in stepmania.

im a 21.5 on etterna and i have 5500pp on osu!mania, you make your own judgement about which game im better or worse at. though i'd consider myself to be better on osu