forum

[Archived] Numpad 5 can't be used as keybind?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Revel
I have a Leopold TC210TP, which outputs real numpad codes, and every other key can be pressed and bound without numlock on normally. With numlock on, no key can be bound. Every single key shows up as "Numlock".

When bound, without numlock on:

1 shows up as "End"
2 shows up as "Down"
3 shows up as "PgDn"
4 shows up as "Left"
5 does not show up
6 shows up as "Right"
7 shows up as "Home"
8 shows up as "Up"
9 shows up as "PgUp"

Why does Numpad5 not show up in "Change Keyboard Bindings" when pressed? The most aggravating part of this issue is that osu even makes a sound on the "skip" screen before songs with skippable intros when it's pressed- it clearly recognizes the key, but will not allow it to be bound to anything.

I'm open to any way this can be solved. I've tried editing the osu<username>.cfg file with possible names for the keys with numpad on and numpad off, and even that doesn't work (I don't know what osu calls Numpad5 and Numpad6 in that file, may be an easy fix but I'd still need that to be taught to me). I've used numpad 8 and 9 in place of z and x for a while, and I really want to give numpad 5 and 6 a try as lately my hands have been cramping and I feel like switching to 5 and 6 would reduce strain.

Numpad 5 is also known as "Clear" on certain keyboards, I'm not sure about my numpad, but inputting the word "clear" for keyOsuLeft in the cfg does nothing.

Thank you for any help. I will provide all information I am capable of providing, this has drove me up a wall since I got the numpad, and I am committed to solving this.
Death
Pretty sure not being able to bind with numlock on is an issue that is specific to your particular numpad. I've never seen another numpad with this binding issue, only this one, and everyone that has this numpad seems to have this issue. I'm not sure if there is any fix available for it (other than just disabling numlock), I'm not even sure if it is an osu! issue at all.

The numpad5 thing can probably be reported here though. Maybe the other thing can be reported as well, I don't really know what causes it.
Witherbomb47
I had the same issue, but numlock worked for me. Turned it on after reading this post, and then set my binds to s,d,num4,num5. Seems to work great, better than my old solution of remapping the keys entirely (Which created lag). Issue might have been fixed in a bug report since this was posted.
Samixelex
It's something about the key input data, I don't know the technical name.
Basically you need a number associated to the key itself.
For the numpads, you need need to enter an number (like "ManiaLayouts4K = D F 101 102" that will be numpad5 and numpad6)