forum

Skip button during break segments [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
Some players are so hardcore, they disregard health and safety standards. Please add a skip button to segments where you'd usually wait, so that you can skip to the last 2 seconds or so of the break. This'd be a very useful feature for all the hardcores out there who want to die before they hit age 40, like me.
Baradia
i like pie
deadbeat
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

If peppy has taught me anything, it's that he is willing to negotiate. I mean, seriously, look at Meltdown for an example of a break that the pros would want to skip when trying for 100% etc http://osu.ppy.sh/b/148008

And even small breaks would be skipped by me when I feel like being hardcore, it'd save a ton of time, please bow down to convenience peppy I beg you
deadbeat
if peppy's taught me anything, its that he doesn't care about stupid opinions :p
peppy
Here is my negotiation.

Push for less breaks in mapping. See osu!stream.
deadbeat
also learn to search for requests first. you suggest a lot of dupes >_>
Sakura
I'm starting to think you have something with the word Hardcore.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

peppy wrote:

Here is my negotiation.

Push for less breaks in mapping. See osu!stream.
I don't want mappers' desires to be changed by this. The Meltdown map I cited earlier, although being an example of an extremely long break that the hardcore would like to skip, has that break because the mapper wanted it to be that way. It'd be awkward to skip a section of the song just because notes wouldn't map it, so an optional skip button would help that.

There's no reason not to have the skip button, really. I'm sure it doesn't cause issue with anyone except health and safety regulators and you, peppy, since you have to code it in in the first place. Could you put it in some kind of "to-do" list with low priority, or something?
peppy
I can't because i don't agree with it, and i don't see this changing.
deadbeat
here's an idea. use the break to listen and appreciate the song \:D/
ShaggoN

deadbeat wrote:

here's an idea. use the break to listen and appreciate the song \:D/
Totally. I play this game for music for example. And i'll rather keep it like that
ExtraMerc
It makes no sense to not add this. It's my personal preference if I don't want to wait 30 seconds. Yes, you have to appreciate the song but I'm bad at the game and I've tried the map 50 times. Yeah yeah "git gud" and all but I want to and it's making it seriously painstakingly slow to do so. It's a necro, but it's idiotic to regard this suggestion as a "stupid opinion."

deadbeat wrote:

if peppy's taught me anything, its that he doesn't care about stupid opinions :p

go away
abraker
Based on the belief the players need to enjoy the artwork and music the creators put their effort into making.

I mean sure, but it's a game. Let us enjoy it however we want to.

Also I believe this can't be marked as a duplicate any longer since whatever thread deadbeat referenced is no longer accessible.
peppy
This is likely going to make it in to lazer, for what it's worth!
Meyon
Arigato ppy-sama