forum

Get all mp3 and background from your beatmap folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Uzawa Reisa
If you have played osu for a long time, you might have many beatmaps on your Osu folder. Inside the beatmaps folders, there are so many background images and music files. I wanted to get all these background and music out from my Osu folder, but copying these all one by one per folder is time-consuming.

I don't know if there is any tool to do this automatically, but I created this small script to help me get all these files.

for %%f in (mp3 jpg) do (md %%f

for /r %~dp0songs\ %%# in (*.%%f) do for %%a in ("%%#") do for %%b in ("%%~dpa\.") do copy "%%#" "%~dp0%%f\%%~nxb.%%f")

How to use it:
1. Copy the code
2. Open notepad and paste into it
3. Save in your osu! folder (the same place with osu!.exe)
Save it with .bat extension (ex: tool.bat)
4. Run it and wait until it's done

This 2 line of code will automatically copy all files with format .mp3 and .jpg into their folder. Once it finishes you can find all the music in a folder named "mp3" and the background images in the "jpg" folder. You can also get other files by changing the
for %%f in (mp3 jpg) do
line with the extension of the file you want. For example, if you want to get .avi (video files), change the code into
for %%f in (mp3 jpg avi) do
it will copies all files with extension .mp3, .jpg, and .avi.

The result files will be named with the same name as its beatmap folder.

Before you use this script: be careful if you have an insane amount of beatmaps! Make sure you have extra free space with the same size as your osu folder.

----------------------------

If the code above is not working, you can try this.

@echo off

set "base=%~dp0"

md sound>nul

md image>nul

for /r %base%songs\ %%# in (*.mp3) do (

for %%a in ("%%#") do for %%b in ("%%~dpa\.") do (

copy "%%#" "%base%sound\%%~nxb.mp3"

)

)

for /r %base%songs\ %%# in (*.jpg) do (

for %%a in ("%%#") do for %%b in ("%%~dpa\.") do (

copy "%%#" "%base%image\%%~nxb.jpg"

)

)

pause

exit

This code is the "uncompressed" version of the 2 line code. It still does the same thing.

(i don't know if this the right subforum to post this, also help me get a nice title for the topic name)
RyugamineSenpai
I love you for this <3
Monarch01_old
ty very much
QuestPlayz
DUDE I LOVE U