Mara
Did you check this site first? http://osu.ppy.sh/p/minecraft
[Reisen_Inaba]

LunaticMara wrote:

Did you check this site first? http://osu.ppy.sh/p/minecraft
Of course. But it was still bad login
Topic Starter
peppy
What kind of lag spikes are you seeing? If you believe they are server-side, confirm with other people playing that they too felt it before reporting it.
Jinxy
A lot of people felt it, but it seems to have subsided for now.

By the way, do redstone clocks tax the server? i was walking past BALLZ a few days ago and the doors were going insane, probably due to a really fast clock under it.
Ephemeral
i say tentatively now that lag issues should be gone forever. turns out towny is a terribly written plugin and has to be tweaked to oblivion before it functions properly on high population servers!
Jinxy
There's something wrong with the trading signs, they take sign nearest to your head instead of what you've clicked on, so any sign on foot level can't be accessed.
buttersea
What happened to our capital?! Is it a bug or something?
http://puu.sh/15BAc
JesusYamato
this markie & buttersea are so mean.. LOL
Corin

Ephemeral wrote:

i say tentatively now that lag issues should be gone forever. turns out towny is a terribly written plugin and has to be tweaked to oblivion before it functions properly on high population servers!
Towny will lag if you use flatfile on a populated server.

It also depends on how you set up your other plugins and what plugins you actually are using.
gokiburi

JInxyjem wrote:

There's something wrong with the trading signs, they take sign nearest to your head instead of what you've clicked on, so any sign on foot level can't be accessed.
I found out it depends on what you're carrying in hand. Holding Steak seems to work very well.
Corin

JInxyjem wrote:

That's not intended behavior, it should work either way, it just depends on what sign you click on ._.

What are you trying to trade? o.O
Jinxy
Pumpkins

Also, the nether wart sign was still trying to get the block version of nether warts, so I can't sell those either
Corin

Our latest build is 2.9.4.2 which is specifically for 1.3.2.

This is most likely the reason why.

Also yes it's a prebuild but prebuild just means it's for a beta version of Bukkit.
JesusYamato
decided to try for the first time minecraft and i think i'm stuck underground i have no fucking idea where i am LOLLLL
nvm used my hands to get out of it since my pickaxe blew up
Jinxy
My god thunderstorms are ridiculous, is there a plugin to reduce their duration/rate of strikes? Sometimes it's so bad the thunder just goes on and on without stopping, like 2 strikes per second

Oh and everyone's forests are burning from it

Quotes from the affected

RusticKey wrote:

I HAVE SEVEN TREES BURNING

Luxary wrote:

Yeah this lighting is DESTROYING our forest

RusticKey wrote:

Also I got struck by lighting 2 times
I wanted more quotes but everybody was too busy going "holy shit" to answer me

make it stop pls
James2250

Ephemeral wrote:

You spoke too soon!!

Also there is an endless thunderstorm cuz I think we made god mad. (Nvm it ended right after I typed that)
Jinxy
Is it just me or is the server down, getting Connection Refused and the map doesn't load.
theowest
Yes, it's down.
JesusYamato
Anyone has slimeballs to sell? willing to trade for gold/emerald/diamonds/w/e
kwakkevin
i have 2 if that helps LOL
James2250
Me/holy have 20-30, depends how much diamond you think they are worth :P
Ephemeral

Corin wrote:

Also yes it's a prebuild but prebuild just means it's for a beta version of Bukkit.
server is running on cb++ built to latest recommended

on top of the lag issues, i think that an auto-restart every 6 hours is probably essential at this point. i've fixed the netherwart economy sign as well.
buttersea
Is there a limit on how many villagers we can have in a town?
JesusYamato
@james tell me your price i'm willing to adapt
Ephemeral
the server now automatically restarts every 6 hours, sending warning messages 10, 5 and 1 minute/s before the restart actually happens. this should keep things nice and stable!
JesusYamato
i'm still new to minecraft but are our mines and stuff saved even if they're in neutral zones?
OnosakiHito
Hm, which mod is this? Just creative?
Or is it survival? Would be nice and interesting.
Mara
survival
Jinxy

Ouariasse wrote:

i'm still new to minecraft but are our mines and stuff saved even if they're in neutral zones?
I assume "neutral" is wilderness?. The chests you put down are instantly locked to you, but anybody can still mine in your mine, if they can find it.
Seisshi
Why is there no "mc jobs" plugin on the server <_< Would be nice o/
Azure_Kite
I think we've got enough plugins as-is.
Seisshi

Azure_Kite wrote:

I think we've got enough plugins as-is.
Yeah some just made me pissed like Economy O_o But mc jobs would be usefull for this one.... It just sucks gathering money only with selling stuff. And i have to walk over there all the time.... With mc jobs you could gather less money but stil something without selling :/
Corin

Ephemeral wrote:

Corin wrote:

server is running on cb++ built to latest recommended

on top of the lag issues, i think that an auto-restart every 6 hours is probably essential at this point. i've fixed the netherwart economy sign as well.
There is no latest recommended build of 1.3.2, only 1.3.1.
Officially anyways.

Either way, 2.9.3 is outdated and specifically for 1.3.1, like I said, 2.9.4.2 is for 1.3.2.
Stefan
gokiburi
i've won the server
it's me
Flanster

Stefan wrote:

I saw that a week ago, its pretty cool!
OnosakiHito

Stefan wrote:

Look on the left site! My unfinished house at this moment! :D
Hitoshirenu Shourai
If anyone is interested in making their own trading post and don't want to spend a ton of money on it, click *here* for the wiki. If you're too lazy to figure it out with the wiki, click *here* for the video tutorial.

It might take a while to set up a proper trading post, regardless of location, because it takes some getting used to. I made a trading post at my place (Oasis), but really it's just a wall with signs and looks more like a notice board or something.
MillhioreF
Silly Hito, only admins (BATs in this case) can do that! And I'm not sure you're supposed to without consulting Eph... oops
Hitoshirenu Shourai

MillhioreF wrote:

Silly Hito, only admins (BATs in this case) can do that! And I'm not sure you're supposed to without consulting Eph...
Ephemeral told us to use the tutorial. I know for a fact we can use the "trade" signs, so that's enough to trade money and items via signs.
show more