forum

LF amateur musicians / new songs to beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aeflar
Hi, I'm quite new to osu and am thoroughly enjoying the game! I have just started beatmapping but I have one problem. All of my favourite songs have already been beatmapped and although I know I can change and remake them, I just feel like I'm ruining them or just copying the beatmaps that are already made for that song.
I recently asked one of my friends for a song he is working on and asked if I could use it for a beatmap. He agreed and it was actually really enjoyable because I could start my first beatmap and start learning while also giving feedback on parts of the song for my friend.
So I was wondering if there were any places where new artists would be willing to let me use their songs to beatmap?
Appreciate any feedback and thanks :)
DeletedUser_13957006
You don't really need to ask to use a song on osu!. The chances of the artist finding the beatmap and not being ok with it is so difficult nowadays, and you shouldn't really be worried about that. Finding new artists and unmapped songs are hard, specially if the author is known (for example, Camellia or t+pazolite). Remember, there are at least 15 ranked maps of a song called Harumachi Clover, and mapping a song that is already mapped is not a problem. You're here to map what you like to hear.
Nao Tomori
if u go to beatmaps > featured artists you could find a list of all songs which are licensed to legally be used for mapping