forum

#NSFW channel [duplicate] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
Simple addition, a channel (18+) with no rules like "no insults" "no profanity" etc, where you can say what you want without punishment!

Obviously links would have to be worried about as people would end up posting virus links etc in an unmoderated channel, so you'd still need people watching it.
boat
lol

no
Nessuka
Would make sense, but I can't imagine it going forward due to certain people who would disapprove and/or abuse it to the full extent possible (you know who you are).
boat
What is the reason for it? Keep your "insults", "profanity" and whatever "nsfw" junk in places where they belong.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

boat wrote:

What is the reason for it? Keep your "insults", "profanity" and whatever "nsfw" junk in places where they belong.

Many people, like myself, like to have the freedom to talk about what they want.
Marcin
Hey, because of you my face is fully destroyed by facepalming on every thread made by you, be happy.
How will i show in school tomorrow....
boat

DADDYCOOLVIP wrote:

Many people, like myself, like to have the freedom to talk about what they want.
And talk about whatever you want, but in the places assigned for such discussions. There is no #offtopic or #nsfw already for a very valid reason. This is not a chat client for all of your discussions. Fortunately (or unfortunately), it does allow you to freely talk about what you want in the existent public channels as it is, why you'd have the need to publicly share your offensive material, cusses and whatever it is which you seem to crave a non moderated channel for, well, that is beyond me, but in any case, its a game. There are plenty of services other than this particular game that allow you to talk about whatever it is.

I'd suggest you look up this little community called facepunch. It has many smart minds similar yours, I'm certain you'll get along with everybody just fine. If not, reddit and 4chan also offer a wide range of highly intelligent discussions, and all the profanity and questionable material you need.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

boat wrote:

DADDYCOOLVIP wrote:

And talk about whatever you want, but in the places assigned for such discussions. There is no #offtopic or #nsfw already for a very valid reason. This is not a chat client for all of your discussions. Fortunately, it does allow you to freely talk about what you want in the existent public channels as it is, why you'd have the need to publicly share your offensive material, cusses and whatever it is which you seem to crave a non moderated channel for, well, that is beyond me.

I'd suggest you look up this little community called facepunch. It has many smart minds similar yours, I'm certain you'll get along with everybody just fine.
Maybe people who aren't used to unmoderated discussion won't get it, but there's something good about having truly free speech on the Internet. I can't put my finger on why it's better, and it may also be how it's anonymous that adds to the experience, but it makes discussions a lot better and less "fake" in my opinion.

This is a terrible post, read the essay in my sig, it's better than my post
Marcin
Oh oh facepunch was that forum about gmod right? no?.... okay....
boat

DADDYCOOLVIP wrote:

Maybe people who aren't used to unmoderated discussion won't get it, but there's something good about having truly free speech on the Internet. I can't put my finger on why it's better, and it may also be how it's anonymous that adds to the experience, but it makes discussions a lot better and less "fake" in my opinion.
And talk about whatever you want, but if you don't like the rules, which actually aren't even that strict, take your discussions elsewhere.

Similar requests have been brought up earlier, in fact not so long ago even, and as expected, they got denied.

Marcin wrote:

Oh oh facepunch was that forum about gmod right? no?.... okay....
Originally a forum designated for gmod, but evolved into just a massive general forum. In comparison to the rest of the usage of the board, threads about gmod itself barely exist.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

boat wrote:

And talk about whatever you want, but if you don't like the rules, which actually aren't that strict, take your discussions elsewhere.

Similar requests have been brought up earlier, in fact not so long ago even, and as expected, they got denied.
peppy's human, he can change his mind about things.
But the thing is, for example I feel like, for whatever reason, telling a racist joke. I get silenced/banned for racism. (this doesn't mean I am or am not that type of person, it's an example)

but as you can see, some people will find their discussion limited by the rules. Sure, it might be offensive to people, but that's why it'd be in its own separate channel.

Also, the communities I mentioned were the web giants like 2ch and 2ch-based websites like 4chan. I ask again to read the essay in my sig, it's only a page long.
Marcin
And talk about whatever you want, but in the places assigned for such discussions. There is no #offtopic or #nsfw already for a very valid reason. This is not a chat client for all of your discussions.
Emaal
............ lol
boat
Piss off with your essays. If you're limited by the rules that nearly only state for you to not be generally offensive towards others, then this isn't the place for you.

I'd suggest you take your leave. I'm surprised that nobody is contemplating upon banning your ass yet.
James2250
p/754790

peppy wrote:

This is not one of my intended purposes of osu!.
This just isn't going to happen. osu! is designed as a game for all ages and adding a NSFW channel would just cause problems (not to mention as said above, there are plenty of more..suitable places for such things). Denying.
boat
ICED
Marcin

boat wrote:

Piss off with your essays. If you're limited by the rules that nearly only state for you to not be generally offensive towards others, then this isn't the place for you.

I'd suggest you take your leave. I'm surprised that nobody is contemplating upon banning your ass yet.
I FUCKING AM.

You ninja'd me in miliseconds... I should die now.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

boat wrote:

Which is why I'm asking that peppy makes a place.

I can't make you read the essay, but it's very interesting and might show you how horribly people can act in a community like this and think it's normal or justified.

Ah well, somebody labelled it as "invalid" and "duplicate", thread over
Loctav
This will never happen. If you want nsfw content, use google.
HakuNoKaemi
a private chat suit those type of discussions better
boat
I wont even bother with this. Have fun wasting your time being a knobhead.