forum

New to Mapping, what do you think?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oreowo_
Hey there!

I just wanted to drop by and share what I have of the map that I'm working on so far, and would love some feedback as to how well it plays! I have a roommate who is decent enough at osu who I've been having playtest as I work on it, and I've been trying to make adjustments so that it plays intuitively as possible while still remaining somewhat of a challenge ^^' !

Hopefully it's not awful, but if it is, at least I'll be able to work on fixing it now. Thank you so much to whoever drops by to play it! ^^ https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1039609#osu/2173066
fedora
Hi, I'm a rather new mapper as well, but I'd recommend to play more and get more experience in the playing aspect before trying to map so as to familiarise yourself with basic mapping techniques. That being said, your map is rather "old" style in my opinion, but don't worry, everybody's first maps aren't perfect. Have you watched pishifat's youtube mapping tutorials? I'd recommend binge watching them to know more about mapping. Also, I see that your difficulty is not named, what diff level are you aiming for when you complete the map? You need to decide on that before you map your song so that you know what difficulty elements to include and exclude.

P.S. As your first few map, I recommend mapping to TV-Size (<1.30-50min) songs. They're much easier to finish and you won't have to repeat mapping (fundemantally) the exact same parts of a song (repetition within a full size song)

Anyway, map more. Good luck on your map & future maps!
ASHIQUL

- Fedora - wrote:

Hi, I'm a rather new mapper as well, but I'd recommend to play more and get more experience in the playing aspect before trying to map so as to familiarise yourself with basic mapping techniques. That being said, your map is rather "old" style in my opinion, but don't worry, everybody's first maps aren't perfect. Have you watched pishifat's youtube mapping tutorials? I'd recommend binge watching them to know more about mapping. Also, I see that your difficulty is not named, what diff level are you aiming for when you complete the map? You need to decide on that before you map your song so that you know what difficulty elements to include and exclude.

P.S. As your first few map, I recommend mapping to TV-Size (<1.30-50min) songs. They're much easier to finish and you won't have to repeat mapping (fundemantally) the exact same parts of a song (repetition within a full size song)

Anyway, map more. Good luck on your map & future maps!

wait,is 50 mins TV size too?
how is that easy to finish
im also a new mapper,so this will be informative
lewski
I think they meant 1:30 to 1:50