forum

a percussionist meets osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zachmanthethird
Hello fellow osu! players! My name is zachmanthethird.
For the past four years, I've been out on a football field either marching on the drumline or playing various keyboards in the pit. Although my band placements would disagree, I still view myself as a budding percussionist constantly learning and gaining experience.
Since I've graduated high school, however, I've been trying to overcome my nostalgia and settle back into my educational studies. During this process, I found osu! and was immediately hooked. Each level is difficult enough to give me a challenge, but not so difficult that I give up trying, a delicate balance very few games have mastered well. Even when there are scoring systems and clear experience markers, I've found myself playing simply to better my skills rather than climb up some arbitrary leaderboard.
While I'm not usually very active on forums as a whole, this game gives me a sense of hope that may urge me to become part of the community. Even if I don't post very often, I want to make clear my thanks to this game for allowing me to continue enjoying my love for music, even if only on a casual scale.
Thank you for reading my introduction, however wordy it is. I hope you enjoy this game as much as I do!