forum

[resolved] Multi Sorting/Filter for Songs

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
F e r l e y
Err.. I have seen many times that some "New" kind of sorting request (such as Sort by Accuracy %) have been denied.
If someone can clear up why this is not possible ( I see this is quite usefull actually ).

Whatever, as the topic says (and I didn't find anything like this) I think that using mutiple sorting filters (the ones already available) is WAY usefull to find songs among thousands and thousands of maps.

I mostly use the search directly knowing something about the map, any tag, mapper,etc. Also recently-played maps.
But when tag, recently played and favourites doesn't work.. I'm lost, scroll down all over (wich is painfull) and search one by one.

Instead we should be able to combine filters for a further hope of finding a map. For example... I'm looking for a map, I don't know anything about it's name, tags or mapper... But I know I have a B or C rank, and this map is maybe 2 minutes long and.. uh, yeah, played it last 1 year ago.

Is this reasonable? :o

Sorry for my poor english.
deadbeat

volence wrote:

Err.. I have seen many times that some "New" kind of sorting request (such as Sort by Accuracy %) have been denied.
If someone can clear up why this is not possible ( I see this is quite usefull actually ).
Just to clear up this point, it is possible, just no need to add it.
also dunno about multi layered sorting. i don't think its worth adding to be honest. the current sorting/filtering should be enough imo
blissfulyoshi
Technically you can apply 2 scenarios right now. For example if you sort by rank and length, I am pretty sure it won't take you too long to find your song. I do see your point about having more filters, since we can never have enough filters. As long as the filters don't strain the server, I wouldn't mind supporting this.

Which brings me to my next point, sorting my accuracy will create a large amount of strain to the server, so it will probably not be implemented (you can search this in some other forum post)