forum

TAG Scoreboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +232
Topic Starter
Mara
Hello. It's 2:28AM and I didn't find anything like this. I found few threads, but they were more all about clan/guild shit. This should be done by anyone in the same multiplayer room without having to make any clans or guilds. This is quite major thing, so I am not expecting to this to arrive soon.

Okay, so we have this amazing multiplayer gametype called TAG CO-OP. Tho, we can also count TEAM TAG VS in this request. What if there would be a new scoreboard for every beatmap - TAG TOP40? It would be awesome to us who love TAG playing.

The question is - how we can make it look cool without names raping the whole screen? After all, there can be 8 players in TAG CO-OP.
grumd
Add a name for your command before posting your top score
Set the captain of the team?
Mayonnaise Dad
List the name of the room leader, then a link to all players in the room at the time rather than have them all on the same screen.

Basically what grumd said he ninjad me
Topic Starter
Mara
What I meant about my question is when you are looking at the scoreboard via in-game.

Fit 8 names in that kind of scoreboard.
bomber34
I could imagine something for a certain number of the TAG team but don't you think that 8 players have a bigger advantage than 2?
I mean if you play DT or FL this is quiet easier with many people.

I support the idea though
Archangel Tirael
All is good, but how to put
Scoreboard so it is not much
in the way, when not needed?
Topic Starter
Mara
Bumping, this needs to be done.
riffy
Supporting this idea, I like it! Unfortunately, i have no votes left. :<
[Kanzaki Ranko]
How about premade teams (they would be named previously, so there aren't giant strings in the highscores)?

This seems a better idea than that-thread-with-2k+-stars to me. (I'm completely against that one btw, but that's not even the case)
VoidnOwO
:)
Musty
Yus, it should be quite awesome.
Pizzicato
I would revive TNL for the sake of it

this is awesome we wanted something like this way back
+support
Lokovodo
I have you like 10 stars because i support the fuck out of this
Topic Starter
Mara

BRBP wrote:

Is this about a ranking list consisting of random 2-8 player tag plays or a separate ranking for every amount of players? Iirc they were implementing a some sort of team system; Team rankings?

Editing this a bit: Wouldn't 8-player plays be pretty easy compared to 2-player plays?
Sorry for bad explanation; I'll try to fix OP a bit better.

It's not necessarily easier to play with 8 players, but I can see situations where it can be much easier. One solution could be splitting TAGs in 2-3 groups; TAG2, TAG4 and/or TAG8.

Team ranking would be totally cool with this.
Musty
and TAG diffs could be rankable again (?)
Loctav
TAG Scoreboards would require teams to be prebuild. Playing TAG without forming an "arranged team" seems illogical to me.
So before we implement TAG Scoreboards, we should people give the possibilities to found "TAG Teams" first.

I am sure there is a feature request (the Clan ones is the closest one) that suggests teams already, also there have been an attempt by Echo to code teams within osu!, but I wonder if this will ever get picked up again.

Yet supporting. If we will ever get TAG Scoreboards, we might establish an official TAG World Cup.
dkun

Pizzicato wrote:

I would revive TNL for the sake of it

this is awesome we wanted something like this way back
+support
ahaha. that's great.

and well, this would be a great idea. i'd shoot stars, but well.. yeah.
N i k k i
I really like this idea
I support it :D
N i k k i

Loctav wrote:

TAG Scoreboards would require teams to be prebuild. Playing TAG without forming an "arranged team" seems illogical to me.
So before we implement TAG Scoreboards, we should people give the possibilities to found "TAG Teams" first.

I am sure there is a feature request (the Clan ones is the closest one) that suggests teams already, also there have been an attempt by Echo to code teams within osu!, but I wonder if this will ever get picked up again.

Yet supporting. If we will ever get TAG Scoreboards, we might establish an official TAG World Cup.
I think the idea with the Taf World Cup is very nice ;D
And it yould be really funny, but a bit to much i think, because there would be many teams i think XD
But like i said it would be really really funny :3
Topic Starter
Mara
Loctav, sounds coolio.

Maybe one day.... maybe one day.
show more