forum

I hit a wall

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arival
So I have been playing mania for a while now and I hit a wall. It didn't take me too long to progress from someone who has never played mania or anything similar, to a decent player in a few months. I noticed my problem when its been 3 months and I still cant play maps even 0.1-0.4 above my normal skill level (2.5-2.9). Anything I can do to get around this or am I stuck in the hole of boring 2* and hard 3*
Vuelo Eluko
Arival just hit the wall
he never had it all
Bobbias
Skill walls are pretty common. I found in my experience changing things up can help.

Consider trying to find a new skin, switching to playing with a vision mod, or some other big change in how you play. It can take time to adjust to these changes, but after you've adjusted you might just keep improving.

Otherwise, my main advice would just be not to worry, and that eventually you will get better if you keep playing. Don't let the stagnation in skill level get to you.
Topic Starter
Arival

Bobbias wrote:

Consider trying to find a new skin, switching to playing with a vision mod, or some other big change in how you play. It can take time to adjust to these changes, but after you've adjusted you might just keep improving.

Alright I will give it a try. Thanks
Stickman92
U sure your not just expecting progress to happen too fast because u want to do the harder stuff quickly?So it just feels like you've hit a wall, a wall is something closer to no progress for week's and/or month's after hard work.

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/146615 on the novice player section, "learning patterns", "Attitude", "Confidence","practice" probably most applicable to you.
If you play properly, just 30-45 min a day is good enough(15 different songs roughly).Consistency & Patience is key.

Summarised as the famous saying on osu forums goes....."Play more"
SaltedFISSH
you should believe all your play count will pay off.Everyone would hit a wall and keep practicing is
the best key.Dont use the default skin,it is too hard to read!btw you can focus on easier map and try to make higher acc(at least S),that is a good habit and you will benefit from it later