forum

How do you override (or get rid of) the taiko-slider?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
boat
As in this map http://osu.ppy.sh/b/164316 (works on the standard diffs in taiko mode too)

The taiko-slider is supposedly transparent as the background is in one piece, but I can't find the element itself and neither how it was done.

I don't want this as a skin, its for a certain storyboard to work.

Tried putting a transparent one in the skin folder, did nothing, still forces the taiko skin one.

If you don't know what the taiko-slider is, then here is an example
SPOILER
taiko-slider forced by the taiko skin

climbbs map with it being transparent

Thank you in advance.
Azure_Kite
If you mean the grey playbar, it's taiko-bar-right.png and taiko-bar-right-glow.png

For the yellow sliders, it's taiko-roll.png and taiko-roll-end.png , iirc.

You also have to make sure use taiko skin as default is turned off in your skin preferences, as there's no override if you actually have taiko components in your beatmap.
Topic Starter
boat
The thing is, its ticked, and yet climbbs map gets rid of it.

Its overridden without both the taiko-slider and what you mentioned.

Not the playfield, whats above it.
happy30
the taiko-slider will disappear if the map has a few lines of SB
Azure_Kite
Derp. I completely misunderstood what boat was having issues with.

Yeah, sb code causes the top scrolling image to disappear. I believe it's after you set three keyframes/actions
Topic Starter
boat
Does this have to be done on an included standard diff, because I got more then three and yet its still there.
Azure_Kite
If your sb is in the .osb, it'll work, although it must be more than 3 actions that trigger it. (it has been a while since I've SB'd for taiko, so I've forgotten a bit here and there)

I'd just suggest you continue with the sb as you intend it to be; the storyboard doesn't have to be very complex for the slider to disappear, so it should go away on its own.