forum

Spinners can be part of a combo

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Jarby
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Jarby
I thought it was self explanatory.

Spinner should be allowed to be part of a combo, because at some points in some beatmaps, I don't want a spinner to give a large life boost.
ashxu
Yes, in the actual Ouendan it is part of the combo...
RemmyX25
Isn't it already?

/me checks.

EDIT: Yep, it is.
nardii
I think they mean part of a hitcircle/slider combo instead of always starting a new one. (yes the wording is confusing)
Topic Starter
Jarby

nardi11011 wrote:

I think they mean part of a hitcircle/slider combo instead of always starting a new one. (yes the wording is confusing)
Yes, that is what I meant.
mm201
In osu!, the spinner is always its own combo.

In the authentic games, it can be part of neighbouring combos or its own, just like any other hit object.

I agree. In some maps, it just seems more "organized" for the spinner to be part of an existing combo, especially if it's a ninja spinner or finishes off a phrase.
peppy
For technical reasons this is not possible until we audit all previously made beatmaps. This may be possible as part of the renewal project (when/if that happens, of course).

Download: Six60 - Rise Up 2.0 (toejamms) [Collab].osu
dumpsterdiver
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo

dumpsterdiver wrote:

If the specification for a spinner doesn't include an attribute for new combo
It does, which is why it's not backwards compatible.
peppy
As echo says: it does, but due to a previous editor bug, it wasn't always present when it should be. Therefore, osu! now ignores the new combo flag and assumes every spinner is a new combo. I don't like to make hacks like adding a new hitobject type, and see this as low enough priority that it can wait until we make some major changes around here.
ThePassingShadow
Topic Starter
Jarby

ThePassingShadow wrote:

I really do not see the point in making it part of an existing combo.

Can someone point that out to me ? What is the benefit ? Ouendan authenticity ?
The boost from the single combo spinner is sometimes not a desired effect, especially on maps with frequent spinners (See picture. I don't want such a boost from a spinner when you have to get 10 300s for a similar effect), or maps with low drain rates.

ThePassingShadow

JarJarJacob wrote:

ThePassingShadow wrote:

I really do not see the point in making it part of an existing combo.

Can someone point that out to me ? What is the benefit ? Ouendan authenticity ?
The boost from the single combo spinner is sometimes not a desired effect, especially on maps with frequent spinners (See picture. I don't want such a boost from a spinner when you have to get 10 300s for a similar effect), or maps with low drain rates.
Ah, I see now. So the MAPPER doesn't want to give back that HP. I thought you meant the player. I was wondering why the player would want to lose HP...

I've always seen spinners as an easy way to get HP, personally, but I suppose some people might desire for that to be taken out.
mm201
mm201
boop

edit: s/6/9 :)