forum

how depressing is puella magi madoka magica?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dafydd
i think ano hana had the saddest ending in the 2011 anime list. liked it more than madoka in terms of tears and stuff. good story too.
ampzz
Madoka was hilarious at how serious it tried to take itself. :D
420Guy
depressing? lol.
Sure the ending is not the best but the Anime is still Epic like Guilty Crown.
Sync

Dafydd wrote:

i think ano hana had the saddest ending in the 2011 anime list. liked it more than madoka in terms of tears and stuff. good story too.
ano hana is by far one of the worst anime ever

the ending was pathetically melodramatic

everytime I think of it I cringe
mathexpert

Dafydd wrote:

anohana movie coming next year :D
JonnyThatJonny

Sync wrote:

Dafydd wrote:

the ending was pathetically melodramatic

everytime I think of it I cringe
YES.
NoHitter
Depressing? Not quite sure about depressing. Sure it was sad, but not so much as depressing.

Although those three giant plot twists almost crossed the line.
(Mami's sudden death,Magical girls -> witches,Homura's backstory)
Zerostarry
homu homu~
Lance
Being meguca is suffering

In all seriousness it wasn't really sad at all.
Elly-chan
I was just left with a 'wow' at the ending; It was sorta sad / depressing, but not entirely either one imo. I loved the series, though.
Tsukimi Luna
Psychological is what i could call it, not depresseing..
Although not really what I have expected
And Ending wasnt really not up to my expectations

But the plot was twisted but I actually kinda liked it
The way it made me sad and all
Will be one of my top 10

Also if u watched madoka during its airing....
You'll tend to appreciate it more because of that climax feel during the hiatus due to last year's earthquake
People who watched bakemonogatari and madoka during its airing will know what I mean... right?

PS : I like psychological/emotional genres eg:) STEINS;GATE , CLANNAD AS, Mirai Nikki and etc
nomen
For me Madoka wasn't that depressing as you are describing, It was sad but not sad enough to actually cause depression.
Anyway I loved anime and not to mention epic music <3
P.S One of my favourite animes right next to Steins;Gate
Tanzklaue

Wehzy wrote:

depressing? lol.
Sure the ending is not the best but the Anime is still Epic like Guilty Crown.
only that guilty crown sucked balls. but still, both share one main attribute, besides being hyped like they are the messiah of the anime world: they take themselves much too serious, especially guilty crown.

Madoka wasn't depressing at all for me, but rather confusing. I don't remember that much anyway, but I still know that I sat in front of my pc and didn't really got anything out of the ending. maybe I didn't care enough about the characters, maybe it really was just a confusing ending, but I have to say that I don't hate it, and maybe recommend it for others if they can deal with much senseless shit, because in the end, I felt entertained.
420Guy

Dafydd wrote:

Ano Hana?! No i dont think so.. the story was good ye, but menma or whatever the name is..she is pissing me off. I didnt cried at all.
Dafydd
Well I was just trying to compare Puella Magi Madoka Magica from AnoHana. I think Madoka was the better anime, but AnoHana was more emotional. imho some people just exaggerate how sad/depressing madoka is.
nomen

Dafydd wrote:

Well I was just trying to compare Puella Magi Madoka Magica from AnoHana. I think Madoka was the better anime, but AnoHana was more emotional. imho some people just exaggerate how sad/depressing madoka is.
Comparing those two anime, I say AnoHana was more sad than Madoka.
Tsukimi Luna
CLANNAD AS far surpasses all of the stated above
nomen

Yuu-Chii wrote:

True.
mathexpert

Yuu-Chii wrote:

eIohim
Madoka wasn't depressing at all, bittersweet at most, and only if you're kinda sensible. Otherwise it ends in an ok note to me.
About AnoHana, I've had it on my HDD for two weeks now, and I never have enough time to watch it. Although, after reading the -sort of negative- feedback here, I'm giving it a shot tonight.
rizqy96
well, it's depressing but interesting at the same time being it's a magical girl anime. And i'm looking forward to the movie. The movie will be aired soon.
nomen
Same, I'm waiting for movie. I'm pretty sure it will be awesome.
rizqy96

nomen wrote:

Same, I'm waiting for movie. I'm pretty sure it will be awesome.
yeah, but it's a ashame that the 3rd movie with the new plot is still next year. I'm curious with what will happened to homura and the others
ampzz

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Clannad wasn't depressing, it was plain stupid and poorly written.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is a prime example of anime which is actually heart wrenching.
Tanzklaue

ampzz wrote:

Yuu-Chii wrote:

yay, finally someone who shares my opinion about clannad.
TKiller
Yeah, Clannad sucked.

Years later I am still mad I got tricked into watching it.
Accelerator-kun

ampzz wrote:

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is a prime example of anime which is actually heart wrenching.
+1
JonnyThatJonny

TKiller wrote:

Yeah, Clannad sucked.

And now you're making me have 2nd thoughts about watching it, I still only watched the 1st episode lolllllllllllll
nomen

TKiller wrote:

Yeah, Clannad sucked.

Nope if your anime library contains 30 anime and you can't criticize. Just like me.
Dafydd
I cry everytime Son Goku dies trying to save the world. (DBZ)
those
Madoka was a whiny bitch that cries too easily
mathexpert

those wrote:

b-but she's just a little girl ;_;
California

those wrote:

+1
UnderminE
Came here to say "Tokyo Magnitude 8.0" but ampzz already did it for me~
NoHitter

those wrote:

Not in the universes where she turns into a magical girl.
NCassava

rizqy96 wrote:

well, it's depressing but interesting at the same time being it's a magical girl anime.
those

NCassava wrote:

rizqy96 wrote:

well, it's depressing but interesting at the same time being it's a magical girl anime.
Zero no Tsukaima was neither depressing nor interesting toward the last seasons.
rizqy96
Zero no Tsukaima was neither depressing nor interesting toward the last seasons.
Mmm.. i don't know why but i got bored watching this and only watched the 4th season until eps.2
Accelerator-kun
The only good season in Zero no Tsukaima was the second, I liked the last part. Other seasons are meh.
ampzz

those wrote:

rizqy96 wrote:

Christ... the level of anime being labelled as depressing is getting worse.

Zero no Tsukaima is pure trash along with Shakugan no Shana.
show more