15.23%
NO IT SUCKS
84.77%
Total votes: 348
Topic Starter
Chadago
??
Endaris
I don't know if you're aware that this is a rhythm game.
Not a "flail your cursor across the screen and try to hit stuff somehow" game.
If you don't want to play it as a rhythm game, use the relax mod. If you want to play it as a rhythm game, earn yourself tapping control and accuracy and then proceed to play these maps.

Anyway, here is everyone's favorite first 7* pass map with HP3: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/24313#osu/104229
Topic Starter
Chadago
??
xenal
Here's a point of view from mapping : I have a unsubmitted map which use a type of flow I want to enforce. Having a normal hp would give the chance to cheese patterns, which isn't what I wanted from this map.

About "hard" maps with low hp drain, a point of view is to make them more open, having a larger public being able to play them. If you want to filter out thoses lower players, it is perfectly fine to use high hp. Additionally, nowdays, pp took over, exploits from the pp system are known and pp benefits from low hp (can disregard miss count from dif spike)
Endaris
Maybe you need a small heads up how health works in this game.
You get a bit of health for each 100 and 300 you hit. 300s give more health than 100s. 50s don't give any health. Misses reduce your health. By a lot more if it's a slider because sliders can be partially hit, even if you missed the sliderhead.

Very important to know is that you gain bonus health at the end of each combo (indicated by color/numbers).
If you managed to hit all 300s in the combo, you get a big chunk of bonus health. If you hit a 50 or missed in the combo, you get no bonus health at all. If you had a mix of 100s and 300s you get a small amount of bonus health.

Overall that means that it is very easy to recover from a miss if your accuracy is good enough to regularly obtain bonus health.
On the other hand it means that you will slowly but surely drain out of health if you keep missing or getting 50s for an extended period of time. It is likely not the health loss from misses that gives you trouble but your inability to profit from any of the available bonus health in higher SR maps.

Given this, I have to say that your statement about "only doing 300s and perfect sliders you still loose HP" is plain wrong, you will always be at max health with that. If your accuracy is 95% after a miss it means that you were already partially struggling before that.
Juuuuuuuuul
Yes i like high HP maps,
as long as the passive drain is not eating 50% hp while SSing. (slow section / low density section)

Chadago wrote:

bcs i bet that as everyone you play differently btw NF and normal, you feel less stressed, you are less focused.
In my opinion,
since i switched to NF only :

Less stress is good for performances and health.
Less focused, i don't think so, NF may help to stop caring on "spamming for hp" and may allow a better focus on rythm sens.
Vuelo Eluko
6-7 is usually the sweet spot
higher is often obnoxious
too low makes it feel like I'm barely having to play
Gopal12
High HP drain? ok
Passive drain? not ok
lewski

xenal wrote:

Here's a point of view from mapping : I have a unsubmitted map which use a type of flow I want to enforce. Having a normal hp would give the chance to cheese patterns, which isn't what I wanted from this map.

I hope you're trying to prevent the player from outright not clicking certain objects like in airman cause in any other case that's just an ineffective crutch
amnty
love them! trains me to be consistent