forum

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days- Its release is Mid-2009. I know a lot about it but can anyone tell me more about the story or gameplay? I love the other KH games and also want to know the favorite character and quote from any of them. Thanks
lukewarmholiday
They better not make it piss easy like KH2. That's all I'll say.

inb4someoneclaimsthekingomheartsserieshasoneormorehardbossfightsbecausetheyarehorriblywrong
awp

lukewarmholiday wrote:

They better now make it piss easy like KH2. That's all I'll say.
lrn2import

but oh yeah is that release date the JP release date? I'd like to know how much time I have to gain a basic understanding of Japanese language.
lukewarmholiday

awp wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

They better now make it piss easy like KH2. That's all I'll say.
lrn2import

but oh yeah is that release date the JP release date? I'd like to know how much time I have to gain a basic understanding of Japanese language.
what? did they nerf KH2 for america? If yes, fuck you america. or did you misinterpret what I said due to typo.
awp
naw, they didn't nerf it - the original KH2 wasn't challenging. But the JP-onry re-release, Final Mix+ had a Critical Difficulty and a good amount of new bosses/enemies/areas that made the game more challenging. There were still some class builds that you could make to break the game a bit if you really knew what you were doing, though.
lukewarmholiday
well since I never played it I cant compare, but I couldn't imagine squeenix actually making a hard game.
LuigiHann
If you haven't played it then what are you complaining about? :?
In any case, I remember giving up on Kingdom Hearts 2... not so much because it was difficult, but because it was irritating.
lukewarmholiday

LuigiHann wrote:

If you haven't played it then what are you complaining about? :?
THE JAPANESE VERSION Final Mix+
Zatoichi
Speaking of KH, I just passed up Re: for a copy of the Chrono Trigger remake.

Not that it means anything, just saying.
awp
I also read a gamespot Chrono Trigger DS review by some retard who said the graphical update made the game look even more beautiful. Yeah. Pixel for pixel ports sure do look better as time goes on <3 Personally, for someone who has both CT on the SNES and CoM on the GBA, I'd go for ReCoM over CTDS since ReCoM was actually a remake that made an effort to re-invent the game and give it a fresh feel, whereas CTDS was like playing a SNES copy with a couple extra dungeons thrown in.

btw just wanna congratulate lukewarm for managing to effectively derail this thread with his first post
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
The KH games aren't difficult by default, no, but you can set modifiers like Gain No EXP to try playing through the game on level 1 and shit like that, too.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Atmey
I like my KH on the big screen, I didn't like the GBA one, and I doubt I'll like the DS/PSP/Mobile ones. I'll wait for the PS3, if any.
Speaking of difficulty, KH isn't much of a difficult game, nor it should be, it isn't action oriented like Devil May Cry. Maybe it they altered the controls to be more precise (Slapping X causes different reactions/attacks and follows the enemy) then they can increase the difficulty.
awp
Azure_Kite
This game has to be one of the 3D Graphics Heavy games I've seen on the DS, apart from Super Mario 64.

Kingdom hearts 358/2 Days takes place during/after Chain of memories, and before Kingdom Hearts II.

For those of you who don't know what Kingdom Hearts is:

SPOILER
You've have had their heads in the sand It is a real time RPG based on the Final Fantasy and Disney universes, Kingdom Hearts I and II were both released for the PS2. The previous three games left you wandering around oyur sdesired world, doing whatever it is that happens as you explore the world. This game focuses on the missions roxas performs whilst he's with the organisation.

There are seven worlds in 358/2 Days: Twilight Town, Agrabah, Neverland, Wonderland, Olympus Coliseum, Beast's castle, Halloween Town and the World that Never Was. These areas are unlocked as the player progresses through the game's missions.

Actual Spiel:
The beautiful thing about this kingdom hearts is it introduces a new equipment/ability customisation method called slot panels. These slots can be used to equip Roxas with a different keyblade, and certain panels can be linked with others to increase an abilities properties. For example, everytime you level up, you don't actually level up roxas, you recieve this little panel which increases his level by 1 with every panel.
These panels are in short supply at the beginning of the game, and players will often find themselves fiddling with their layout in order to squeeze the last ounce of power out of their panels.

There are three difficulties in this game; Beginner, Standard and Proud mode beginner and standard are meh, but proud mode can leave you frustrated when trying to completely clear a mission

One thing I can say about this game is the surprising amount of detail that has been put into it. Fair enough, it's square enix; but jeez, The enemy list is amazing, introducing both new and old heartless alike, whilst introducing two of the nobody enemies from Kingdom Hearts II. Diferent attack styles are used with different keybaldes are equipped, which is a great touch, not to mention most of the keyblades and attacks look damned cool.

Limit Breaks are in this game, so Final Fantasy players, rejoice. When Roxas is hurt to a certain degree, he can unleash his Limit Break, at which point he proceeds to go completely and utterly crazy at which ever heartless (plural) he sees fit to screw up!

Multiplayer to this degree is a first for the Kingdom Hearts series. Up to Four people can select an organisation XIII member and carry out most story missions that have been unlocked. It's an interesting point to note that you can play Multiplayer alone, so if you feel like using Axel or, say... A certain other 6 unlockable characters, you can go right ahead and do so.

It's a shame that touch screen support was only limited to camera control which is largely unrequired (R puts the camera behind roxas) however, All in all, this game is great It has a great storyline when you get into it (and ignore the million and a half ice cream scenes) and the features in it are a must for any RPG fan.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, is coming out in Australia and North America on September 29th. A European release is scheduled for October 9th. the Japanese release was released May 30th (which is where I got it)

Just a random thread encouraging people who own a DS to look this game up and check it out! and look forward to it, hopefully :)

-Out

EDIT: For those of you who want difficulty, there is a certain ring (Extreme) which locks your hp at 1. In return, you get double EXP. it doesn't seem fair. but it's challenging :)
awp
I was planning to get the JP version of this game if I had learned enough Japanese in time to go through it (lol no) so I'm stuck waiting another couple months.
Gilgamesh

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Kingdom hearts 358/2 Days takes place after Chain of memories, and before Kingdom Hearts II.
Chains of Memories takes place during the game.
Azure_Kite
5ku112
Two_old
slip cover

as for kh2, my mom beat that and she can't stay on the road in mario kart (not on easy mode, either)

I was excited about 358/2 days until I learned that multiplayer wasn't wifi :( Also, the game sucks to play on a ds. The way it requires you to move can give you a blister.
5ku112

Two wrote:

[b]I was excited about 358/2 days until I learned that multiplayer wasn't wifi :(
awwwwwwww that woulda been though it was something I was looking forward to :(
Azure_Kite
iDarkTraceX
I just got this game yesterday. Downloaded it and hex-hacked it.
Who has also has it?
Azure_Kite
Evidently I do.

The JP version, however.
awp
Playing a ROM, will definitely buy a copy.

After running through the game I'm gonna dump it to see if there's anything fun to hack.

Is it just me or is this more difficult than the other NTSC-U KH releases? I've already died a number of times, even if I'm on the "hard" difficulty and doing the toughest missions first. One of the secret enemies in the first batch of optional missions took well over 30 full combo executions to defeat (though that was more time-consuming than anything else).

I must say, I DO like how Larxene is ignoring my Config settings/battle preferences. Why does she have to be a bitch all the time? They took all that Marquis de Sade stuff out though =<
awp
Day 256

this game is much longer than the other 3, huh
awp
wooooo got 100% mission status and 19 characters unlocked (all of them, from what I've read) now to fill tokens and 100% complete

wooooo only person posting here any more
[Youmu]
ogosh i totally forgot about this game release xDD i shall get later!

thx guys for reminder and post
Azure_Kite

awp wrote:

wooooo got 100% mission status and 19 characters unlocked (all of them, from what I've read) now to fill tokens and 100% complete

wooooo only person posting here any more
How the hell do you beat the antlion in time to get the medals? I've been raging at that since June >:|
awp
I haven't done that one. (I've done that one now and got one emblem from it because I'm amazing.) I did the "don't attack much" one and holy fuck lost my first medal before HP was half-drained. If I could just use Lexaeus for the challenges they'd all be done by now.

I've got 100% in Olympus except for the "defeat the scorching sphere quickly" mission. Even with Extreme (aka infinite limit break) and stopping it almost immediately with a Blizzaga I got 2 medals.I was done in fucking 46 seconds but the 3-star medal was lost before I'd left the battleground that is total bullshit >=|

got 41 seconds, goal is 45. Olympus is 100%'d
Azure_Kite
That scorching Spere is a pain in the ass. Takes forever to get it to stop spinning, and when it does the bugger started spinning again before I could quite kill it. Regardless, after some time (and careful use of lv5 blizzard) I was able to kill it in one spin round.

The antlion makes me rage, I've gotten to two medals before, since I just loaded myself up with lvl5 fire (I was bored), since magic doesn't count as an attack ;p.

Have you beaten the Xion battle level 55 challenge yet? (If I remember I think it's lvl 55...)
...lots of fun avoiding her spiral cannon thingy in Halloween town... Glide, Roxas, GLIDE!
awp
Yes, the Halloween Town form is complete bullshit for a timed run. I haven't even tried those yet. You might wanna stock up on Lightning for the Antlion; oddly enough he's weak against it. You gotta blizzard the sphere to make him stop spinning, otherwise the time challenge is impossible. I mean, you have 45 seconds to reach it, stop it, kill it, and return to the castle. That's kind of tight.

I tried doing the "don't miss with attacks" in the final stage, but that one's going to be very difficult to pull off, since 1 miss and you're a failure. When the boss takes 60+ hits to defeat and your keyblade is small, well, that sucks ass. I seriously think I'm just gonna skip 100%'ing the challenges. I could get up to 80 or maybe even 90% without too much effort but without Lexaeus' sheer power some of these missions are just too much.

81% complete hmmmmmm apart from a select few, this isn't going to be THAT hard to pull off.
5ku112
I found the game extremely short. As for challenges I was having trouble with Mission #78. Any help?
awp
Short? Eh, I figure it to be the longest in the series thus far, impressive for a hand-held.

Mission 78 is easy as hell to 3-star. Equip the Zero Key with 4 Magic panels on it and a Rune Ring for added Magic ./flex and then just spam as much Level 5 Fire spells as you can. (Not Fira or Firaga. Fire.) I had like 20-some odd. Bring an elixer just in case.
awp