forum

[Archived] Hawku drivers - input latency?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Lunya
Soo, a friend of mine kinda made me install hawku drivers by stating they are way better than default wacom's, with less latency and stuff.
After installing it, I do notice that it feels different, some "responsive", and I even have a hard time doing jumps sometimes, but I see no change in the refresh rate whenever I check it on Osu Options->Input->Raw input. The refresh rate I had with wacom was 130-140hz/s, and it's the same now..
So I was wondering if that difference I felt is just some placebo thing, or is there an actual way for me to check if changing drivers really made my input latency lower?
I don't really trust my shitty memory as to how exactly the latency felt on the wacom drivers >:c

Tablet: Wacom Ctl-472
Previous drivers: 6.3.35-3
Hawku Drivers: V0.2.3
Endaris
There are different aspects to latency that make up the feel and responsiveness.
Polling rate is only one of these aspects and won't change. The Hawku driver addresses other parts (processing, smoothing etc.) to improve the responsiveness of the cursor.
Topic Starter
-Lunya

Endaris wrote:

There are different aspects to latency that make up the feel and responsiveness.
Polling rate is only one of these aspects and won't change. The Hawku driver addresses other parts (processing, smoothing etc.) to improve the responsiveness of the cursor.

So that means it's not just a placebo, and that in the long run it's worth getting used to that different feeling when playing, right?
Abbacus

Orakto wrote:

So that means it's not just a placebo, and that in the long run it's worth getting used to that different feeling when playing, right?

Yeah, in the long run it is worth getting used to the feeling of the hawku drivers. I had a similar problem when I switched to a new tablet (CTH-480) and couldnt make my active area as small as I needed so I installed the hawku drivers and had to adjust to the new feeling -- not just from the new tablet, but also the drivers --