forum

[Archived] Cursor Randomly Freezes In Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pickle Pick
Frequently, when I'm playing a map, my cursor will randomly freeze either making me miss a ton of notes or making me fail. I've tried changing from tablet mode to mouse mode, changed a ton of setting in osu, tried compatibility mode, but none of them have fixed it. Any suggestions?
(I'm using Wacom Intuos CTL-4100 and am running Windows 10)

osu! version: Stable 20190716.5 (latest)
Death
Try plugging your tablet into a different USB port. Try reinstalling your tablet drivers. Make sure you aren't lifting your pen up too high when playing because it will stop registering at a certain height. Disable Windows Ink if you haven't already.
Topic Starter
Pickle Pick

Death wrote:

Try plugging your tablet into a different USB port. Try reinstalling your tablet drivers. Make sure you aren't lifting your pen up too high when playing because it will stop registering at a certain height. Disable Windows Ink if you haven't already.

Yeah I’ve done all of that. Hasn’t fixed it. :/
Death
I forgot to mention disabling raw input and setting your sensitivity to 1 in game as well.

If that doesn't work, close any programs you have running in the background, just to make sure they aren't freezing your cursor. If that doesn't work, I would just try contacting Wacom's support because it sounds like your tablet is just failing to register your input all the time.
Topic Starter
Pickle Pick

Death wrote:

I forgot to mention disabling raw input and setting your sensitivity to 1 in game as well.

If that doesn't work, close any programs you have running in the background, just to make sure they aren't freezing your cursor. If that doesn't work, I would just try contacting Wacom's support because it sounds like your tablet is just failing to register your input all the time.

I have done that as well. I actually bought a new tablet because I thought that it was my tablets fault before. So I wasted my money and still have the same problem as my last tablet. Osu is the only application in which my cursor randomly freezes and I don’t know why. I really don’t want to uninstall osu! because then I’d have to redownload my beatmaps
Death
You can have two installations on your computer at once, you don't ever really need to uninstall the game. Just run the installer, point it to a different location and run that one instead.

The only settings that should really affect input are raw input and sensitivity though, so if you reset those to the default then there is a good chance it is something else on your computer that is causing issues. But still, you are free to try running a fresh installation of the game if you want.

In the past, it was the Windows Ink checkbox and flicks gestures that caused this issue for some people on Windows 7, but you are on Windows 10 so I don't think that is the issue here. Also that only seemed to cause issues when pressing one of the buttons on your pen. Not sure if that applies to you either.
nasdda
Are you playing on laptop or pc?
Topic Starter
Pickle Pick

nasdda wrote:

Are you playing on laptop or pc?

PC
sakey
try turn of OS TabletPC support in other in settings
Topic Starter
Pickle Pick
Yeah my tablet is still doing this 5 damn years later.
Fride_0

Pickle Pick wrote:

just had this issue and came across this topic. I'm sorry you are still having this issue but just disabling the windows ink garbage solved my issue :P
incursioo

Fride_0 wrote:

Pickle Pick wrote:

just had this issue and came across this topic. I'm sorry you are still having this issue but just disabling the windows ink garbage solved my issue :P
how do you disable windows ink im having the issue as well
mileubang39