forum

[Archived] Osu has a slight aim assist

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alexbaws159
Problem details: I already contacted the support months before but Osu still have a slight aim assist for some people including me. (Weird bug) I tried a lot of things with drivers, administrator etc. It is enabled with the tablet and the mouse for weird reasons. In a nutshell what it does is that if the note I have to tap is on a direction, going on that direction will directly put my cursor on it. In other terms, it teleports the cursor to the note no matter if I am going to far or not enough. This absolutely tricks my muscle memory and makes the game unplayable. You lose combos because you're confused how the movement is done without your consent. Needless to say its useful to reach hard notes but it kills combos and makes you unable to do 4,5 stars music because it makes you miss like hell sometimes. Didn't played Osu for months because of that and the problem is still there. My brother experienced the same problem with way different specs, software downloaded, mouse, etc. Please we need a fix, I miss this game but its unplayable for me at this state.

Important detail: I didn't say, that I didn't have this problem before. I don't know which patch but after this patch and the new one's, the aim assist just appeared and stayed. Never being able to fix after restarting game, PC etc.

Another post with some people experiencing the same problem: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/850341

Sorry if bad English.

osu! version: Stable 20190716.5 (latest)
xenal
There is no aim assist
Epic
doesnt happen to me and why would there be aim assist in a game where cheating is strictly not allowed?
owo

alexbaws159 wrote:

Problem details: I already contacted the support months before but Osu still have a slight aim assist for some people including me. I tried a lot of things with drivers, administrator etc. It is enabled with the tablet and the mouse for weird reasons. In a nutshell what it does is that if the note I have to tap is on a direction, going on that direction will directly put my cursor on it. In other terms, it teleports the cursor to the note no matter if I am going to far or not enough. This absolutely tricks my muscle memory and makes the game unplayable. You lose combos because you're confused how the movement is done without your consent. Needless to say its useful to reach hard notes but it kills combos and makes you unable to do 4,5 stars music because it makes you miss like hell sometimes. Didn't played Osu for months because of that and the problem is still there. My brother experienced the same problem with way different specs, software downloaded, mouse, etc. Please we need a fix, I miss this game but its unplayable for me at this state.

Sorry if bad english.

osu! version: Stable 20190716.5 (latest)

uhm yea, if you use mouse could there be something stuck in the sensor ? Or if you use a tablet, maybe a tablet cover is too thick ?

Also check if your ingame sensetivity is set to exacly 1x. That might fix it
Topic Starter
alexbaws159
My sensivity is changed to x5,5. It does the same thing kouse or tablet.
owo

alexbaws159 wrote:

wow.... chnage it it 1x. changing it ingame is horrible in any way.
Topic Starter
alexbaws159

owo wrote:

alexbaws159 wrote:

wow.... chnage it it 1x. changing it ingame is horrible in any way.

Feels better in general to be honest. I changed the area of my tablet instead of sensivity. But still the assist is there. To test it I go to tremendously hard music and see how my cursor can just teleport.
Death
You posted this same thread 5 months ago and you were told the exact same things that you've been told in this thread.

Testing on super hard maps is a terrible idea because you can't play them, you are essentially flailing your cursor around with no real thought about what you are aiming at, I've played extremely hard aim maps as well so I know. Your cursor teleports if you lift your pen up too high (or even just angle your pen too much on certain tablets), it does weird stuff if your mouse starts having tracking issues, this is not "aim assist".

Testing on an easy map and purposefully misaiming something and then having the game auto-correct that for you would be more reasonable, but that doesn't happen because the phenomenon you are describing doesn't exist.
juliusc66
In fact i have the exact same problem and it is not consistent (so it activates randomly for a random ammount of plays) and ofc everybody just say it doesnt exist but i showed one of my friends a replay of mine and it is clear a.f that there is aim assist and i cant find a way to get rid of it (doesnt matter whether i test with other mouse, other sensibility and the same thing happened to another computer of mine on another osu account)
Tschuggz
I'm a bit late to the party but recently I have been noticing this too... I'm starting to not enjoy the game because of this fact... It only started a few days ago but its forcing the cursor onto any of the drag notes.... It's starting to really peev me off, is there any solution or way for the creator to fix this???
Death

Tschuggz wrote:

I'm a bit late to the party but recently I have been noticing this too... I'm starting to not enjoy the game because of this fact... It only started a few days ago but its forcing the cursor onto any of the drag notes.... It's starting to really peev me off, is there any solution or way for the creator to fix this???
Feel free to get a video that somehow shows this happening. There is no logic in the game that aims for you so there isn't much that can be fixed.
jjong
ya mean mouse drift?
Topic Starter
alexbaws159
I don't know if its the game itself or the Huion Tablet driver or whatever. I tried with different specs. I do some hardcore music that I am sure I am too bad to do but it still works. I mostly fail to tap at the good times so I put it on relax mode (no need to tap or click) and the aim assist shines itself. Tried different sensitivities, hardware, screen size. There's no way a casual 4,5 stars can have the aim to do 8 stars. I know it wasn't like that before and it really annoys me because I loved Osu! but the aim assist annoys me as hell and I don't know the cause. I have tried way too many things to think it was because I was a fool. I even use mouse and differ the settings and all but I was a tablet user so even without experience 8 stars aim? Don't think so. I remember using mouse back in the days I was try harding the 4 stars and I switched to Tablet. I am no good at all, I showed it to my friend he was laughing out loud because it was ridiculous. I suspect the game itself is like that if 3 different hardware had the same results. I tried without the skin I use, without success. I will look if its the Huion Tablet driver just for the fun of doing it but seriously I just can't manage to find the cause. Maybe its Osu! itself. I am just deceived because I can't enjoy the game anymore for months, sometimes I have hope that it will work as before but it doesn't. Now I hoped that my brother's PC won't have this issue but its still there.
Next Scion

Death wrote:

Tschuggz wrote:

Feel free to get a video that somehow shows this happening. There is no logic in the game that aims for you so there isn't much that can be fixed.

chronicleseven ft. Annabel on my profile. my highest score on that map has it visible in the replay. im a mouse player. not very good. I always thought the aim assist was a feature. i can aim normally or if i reduce the motion of my hand into many small flicks i can teleport the cursor farther. thus covering far more screen distance with less motion. noticeable on fast back to back sliders. im terrible at moving cursor in a perfectly straight line. occasionally you will see it move large distances very fast in perfectly straight crisp lines. i barely have to move my hand to flick quickly across the map. if i moved cursor at normal pace i would have to move my mouse significantly farther across my pad. like i said i always thought this was a feature.
Death
A replay is not a video. What you've described sounds like a tracking issue with your mouse. I'll say this again, the game will not aim for you.
Luxksta
I have the same problem but i realized its quite useful and i found out some ways it happens, first, throught smoothing filters and antichatter. second, Area. Third, SKIN! i have two ares and skins that give me the same problem with stickiness to the circle/aim assist