forum

[duplicate] Ability to synchronize downloaded beatmaps to cloud

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rekkon
Note: This is potentially going to be a supporter-exclusive feature, due to how convenient it sounds.

I'm surprised at how currently we do not have the ability to sync the beatmaps we locally have, including unpublished ones. It's certainly a nice feature to have for when someone changes the computer they're using for whatever reason.

With just the press of a button, upon logging in, the user should have the option to synchronize the beatmaps they have downloaded on their system with the ones that are registered in the cloud. Upon refreshing/updating the database, the cloud information should be also synchronized. For published beatmaps, the only necessary information would be the beatmapset ID, the excluded beatmaps from the set and custom local difficulties, meaning not too much space will have to be allocated in the servers for that purpose.

It would also be good to have the ability to sync local scores.
xenal
Just like all games, we assume one computer is used. If user change his computer, it's his problem. One usually doesn't get a new computer every day. It's not a feature that will get used. Moving it into a dropbox or googledrive works just fine for this.

Also this is a dupe https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/215117
Topic Starter
Rekkon

xenal wrote:

Just like all games, we assume one computer is used. If user change his computer, it's his problem. One usually doesn't get a new computer every day. It's not a feature that will get used. Moving it into a dropbox or googledrive works just fine for this.

You could have simply said

xenal wrote:

I want to deny your suggestion no matter what.

There are occassions where some players might want to play on an internet cafe several times, on a different computer each time. Also, some internet cafes reset user data entirely, so even in the same computer you might need to re-download everything, which clearly becomes a tedious task.

This was suggested as a supporter feature since development time is acknowledged. It would also be another feature for supporters, potentially increasing the number of supporters.

xenal wrote:

Also this is a dupe https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/215117

I tried to search for whether this would be a dupe but I didn't go as far as 6 years ago. Imagine necroposting.