forum

I'm new to beatmapping, and I have a question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fishd100
I'm new to beatmapping, and I have a question.

After watching an excellent tutorial video, I have a basic grasp of the beatmapping tools and their functions. What puzzles me is the actual construction of the gameplay. Each circle must be meticulously placed to time with the music, correct? I am having trouble finding an efficient way to locate the exact 'beat' where I want to place a circle. It seems to me that the only way to get to a precise spot is to play the song, and then pause it when the 'line' hovers over the desired spot. Is there no way to click and move to your desired spot on the seperate rhythm gauge at the top of the screen? If I try to click on the spot I want, it does nothing(Or enters a copy all state if held down).

It seems to me that the method I am using now will take ages to make any actual progress. I am hoping that there is a more efficient way to handle this.
lewski
so I'm not sure what exactly you're asking

if you're asking how to move around the timeline, you can do that by scrolling

if you're asking how to get the timeline to match the music, you need to time the song
TheHiddenSlam
you can pause the song and navigate the timeline at the top using the arrow keys/scroll wheel and placing a circle/slider from there. getting to know where exactly a beat lies comes through mainly experience and good listening, however, if you're having a lot of trouble, you can slow down the map using the slider thing at the bottom right. the beat may also lie in a different beat snap which you can adjust at the top right, however, for most anime/pop songs, you usually won't have to adjust beat snap.