forum

osu! public release b593a [available]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Should be available within the next 5 hours. This is once again one of the largest releases yet, with 214 source files changed over the last 26 days. A list of changes will be available soon :).

Available via updater 2009-01-26 22:23 GMT+9.
Available via installer [uploading].

Changelog:

Multiplayer:
(+) New multiplayer modes: Team VS and Tag Team VS.
(+) Multiplayer games allow password protection and setting a max player limit before opening the match.
(+) Can join matches already in progress and see scores.
(+) Can see which matches you already have the beatmap for based on the colour of the match in the lobby.
(+) If you are the last person left in an in-progress match and quit, you will still remain host.
(+) Password status and mode displayed in multiplayer lobby.
(+) Can skip outro sequences.

Beatmapping/Editor:
(+) Added support for a second custom sampleset. Uses hitnormal2.wav etc. You can now use up to 6 samplesets in a single song (including defaults).
(+) New transformation options added to Storyboard Editor (Vector Scale, Flipping).
(+) Inheriting timing sections can allow for double/half bpm changes.
(+) New tapping algorithm. Very intelligent - give it a try. For more details read this post.
(*) Editor help overlay brought up-to-date with newer editor layout (thanks Nharox).
(*) Restricted circle size difficulty settings to 3-7.

Gameplay:
(+) Accuracy is now displayed at all times in-game.
(+) "Hit Lighting" effects. Look closely as your hits splash colours on the playfield.
(+) New "Progress Pie" displays your progress through a song in a more compact and appetising display!
(+) Mouse4(?) now skips during gameplay.

Song Selection:
(+) New song selection sort mode - "Last Played".
(+) Song selection screen layout and design improvements. Get a feel for the song before playing as the background image fills the screen.
(+) Ctrl-Enter for instant autoplay of the selected song. Ctrl-A to toggle.

osu!direct:
(+) osu!direct shows thumbnails and plays audio previews for all maps!
(*) Double-clicking osu!direct pickup links instantly starts download.

Chat/Online/Bancho:
(+) Button spam is filtered from chat client side (no more 'zxzxzxzzxzxxzzxx').
(+) Event tracking support for BanchoBot. Now displays high scores and achievement unlocks.

Misc:
(+) Title screen is slightly affected by song volume.
(*) Changed F6 at main menu to open the "Jump To" window.

Fixes:
(*) /np shows editing status if required.
(*) Many multiplayer crash fixes.
(*) Fixed some bancho disconnect issues.
(*) Fixed bancho refusing to reconnect after some disconnections.
(*) Changed bancho connection method to be more reliable on server failures.
(*) Changed message popup behaviour to be aware of the chat ticker. No more overlaps.
(*) Fixed avatars not loading properly on main menu/multiplayer game scoreboard.
(*) Fixed unpausing sometimes not working.

Performance Improvements:
(*) Decreased load time of heavily storyboarded maps. Sprites are dynamically loaded during breaks.
(*) Decreased load time on skin select screen by around 55%.
(*) Direct3D renderer now uses background threads to load textures (storyboard, song select background). Huge performance increase.
(*) Increased beatmap import performance (relative to how many beatmaps you have in your local database).
(*) OpenGL render engine performance improvements (especially with framesync off - changed default to off).
(*) Video playback optimisation - double performance in some cases.
Rinoa Angelo
Team VS i love you
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Remco32
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
joe1256joe
Peppy,I love osu! and you!

Thank for giving us such a good game. :)
DeathxShinigami
Oh God. Everything looks so damm Epic. Even the Taiko skin! Thanks Peppy. <3
Lesjuh
I luv U :) Do frikkin' awesome these updatez, i can barely breath :o
good job peppy :D
HarZens
omg team vs ....................... (and ranking to come)

i REALLY love you.

YoshiKart
This is amazing! Thank you, peppy! :)
Ice the frosty cat
I especially like the password for multiplayer, and the fix of the unpause glitch. Both were really annoying before ^_^
Topic Starter
peppy
Bug fix release 593a is up. Fixes all bugs found since release of the new build.

(*) Fixed friend requests not being processed correctly by Bancho.
(*) Fixed osu! direct progress bar alignment.
(*) Fixed "show all" becoming "search" on song selection screen.
(*) Fixed song select background not changing when different difficulties in the same set have different backgrounds.
(*) Fixed currently playing players on match setup screen not appearing a different colour.
(*) Fixed possible crash in editor where animation events are present in storyboard.
(*) Fixed thread race condition with players leaving multiplayer matches.
(*) Beatmaps which fail to extract correctly are now moved to the .\Songs\Failed\ directory.
(*) Fixed tag-play arrow being on the wrong side of the screen for Blue Team.
(*) Fixed "are you ready" sample not playing on recovery with Easy Mod.
Exilon
That's such a looooong list of improvements, and they're all so awesome! O_o Thank you so much, Peppy!
P.S. 55% on skin loading? ...Wheee!
Spudman
Kick. Ass.
Larto
*starts to sing*

Where did I go wrong
osu! stole my life
Somewhere along in its awesomeness
And I always stay up
With it all night
Cos' osu! totally stole my life <3
100 points if you recognize the song

Yep. Someone give peppy a medal.

What I find most interesting is the new Tapping system, seriously, it's incredibly useful and accurate.
Of course, the new accuracy display and the new Team mode are really cool, too. Look at your accuracy display when playing Kanbu and prepare for lol.
peppy, never stop making osu! more awesome <3
evilc
Cillu
Yessssssss! Good work peppy, keep it up =]
Starrodkirby86
I have to try the tapping system soon...Now I'll really get accurate results, I'm sure of it...

The aesthetics are now really beautiful...Thank you for that...Makes it a delight. I love this public release...worth the wait.
nsane
Peppy, he never sleeps, he just plugs into the nearest outlet and keeps on going. :lol:

Download: MOSAIC.WAVxKamo Tsuruta feat. Miku Hatsune - HATSUNEtive (Astom) [Collab].osu
Fwenny
This is truly amazing, great job peppy, you are really something.
roleykatsu
Haha! Great job peppy with your latest update! I love all of the new modes, background image which is shown when selecting a song and the options you get to set before starting a mp game!

NEVER. STOP. BEING. AWESOME! :D ;)
show more