forum

Recommended Difficulty

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
apaajaboleh10
When you check the beatmap section, you'll find the recommended difficulty in the search option followed by the difficulty value.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how accurate are that numbers compared to the actual difficulty of the beatmaps you play (excluding some cases of beatmaps which are obviously overrated by the sr algorithm)?
Player-
3 at best. Even if I'm playing for a pass, the recommended difficulty is quite a bit higher than what I'm capable of (6.93*). However, this might be because most maps that aren't "overrated" happen to be speed maps, which I can't play at all.
Roger
Maybe 3 at most. It is 7.41* but I still not decent at said stars especially the high bpm one.
mafuyun
I feel like 2 or less than 1. its 8.12* there're only few map around the stars(excluding over-starrated maps)
Reva
I'd say about 4. My recommended diff is 4.9* and I roughly played around that diff (normally at 4.6* to 4.8* range
XlI
0 because I play around 5* map and it recommend me 3.83*
Edgar_Figaro
Recommended difficulty is pretty bad as it recommends based off of your current PP. This wouldn’t be bad on it’s own but the game treats every mode the same PP to SR curve. (Which is of course the standard PP curve)

So at low levels Taiko gives way more PP than standard so the recommended SR would be too high while at high levels it’s opposite and would start to fall behind.

Also it assumes everything as nomod which is a problem especially at higher levels where everyone is playing maps with mods.
Owlberg
I'm quite late but I'd say 2 at best. I've beaten One Room Sugar Life normal multiple times and my recommended difficulty is 0.79 (I've been playing for 3 days).
Sugar_owo
it’s not the best. i can do harder songs than 3.48 songs xd
Real Tompingu
I play 4.6* and it won't budge from 1.08
Count_B
Actually I would say maybe 8/9 out of 10 for me.
It recommends me 4.97* maps when I play in the 4.8-5.5* range.
I guess i'm opposite to most people :)
salihefee
I play 5-6.5* and that recommends me 4.53* Sadge (2)
dracobuster
5, sometimes its accurate and some times 5 stars be harder than 6.5 stars and other times 6 stars be a cake walk
haha i rolypoly
6: recommended difficulty is 4.5 even though I have not gotten that good in my oni career and muzukashii career, however though I can probably handle all of that. Which is why its high
Perhaps_Tess
5, I normally play from high 3* to low 4*, but my recommended is 3.3
flr
i'm playing 4.5* < x < 5* and getting 98% average and playing 5* < x < 5.5* and getting 92% average
i think i play every type of map
i play 99% no mod
the recommendation from bancho is to play 5.64* right now
i feel like i can't understand 5.4* or above yet, so i would grade it as 5/10 as i don't know what the recommendation of the difficulty means to be honest
some people like playing for passes and others for FCs, i think i play going for both, going for my limit but also not making myself completely lost on the map
i could also be a slow player and not to mention that i'm have a non standard playstyle...
also, i have 4,508pp at the moment
RedDiamond4855
i play 4* but it reccomends 1.5*...
Rigbyuis

RedDiamond4855 wrote:

i play 4* but it reccomends 1.5*...
maybe because you have in the mode selection standard instead of taiko?
Peac3Sush1
2, in terms of just passing a map. My recommended is 4.95*, but I’m doing 6* passes.

7, in terms of FCing, since that’s only slightly bellow the difficulty of maps I can FC.
ITotallyGetThat
Recommended difficulty seems to be a bit off after this last rework. It's recommending me 6.00*, but I've never even FCd a 5*...
show more