forum

Just switched from mouse to tablet. Need help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus
I've had a Wacom tablet for quite a while and didn't use it often.
Now I considered using a tablet since it's generally easier than the mouse or so.
Now I've been used with the mouse for quite some time and I find it hard to adjust to the tablet.
Any tips/tricks out there that might help me?
winber1
Do what feels the most comfortable and just play. Honestly, people keep asking things like this that have no shortcuts, can't you just learn to realize pretty much all it takes is practice? >_>

Now for me, I found a small tablet area was best, and I hold my tablet pen like I hold and write with a regular pencil, and that's how I use my tablet. Now for you, that might not work well, perhaps you don't like low sensitivity or something, etc. Perhaps you might need a larger tablet area, maybe even full tablet area. The best thing to do is to do what is comfortable. Find what feels the best for you and just play like that for a while. I got used to my tablet in legitimately like 2 hours. It may be different for you, or it may not. Some people, like Doomsday, say that they can't really get used to a tablet and they will end up just preferring mouse forever. It's all about you, man, and I don't know anything about you :/
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus

winber1 wrote:

Do what feels the most comfortable and just play. Honestly, people keep asking things like this that have no shortcuts, can't you just learn to realize pretty much all it takes is practice? >_>

Now for me, I found a small tablet area was best, and I hold my tablet pen like I hold and write with a regular pencil, and that's how I use my tablet. Now for you, that might not work well, perhaps you don't like low sensitivity or something, etc. Perhaps you might need a larger tablet area, maybe even full tablet area. The best thing to do is to do what is comfortable. Find what feels the best for you and just play like that for a while. I got used to my tablet in legitimately like 2 hours. It may be different for you, or it may not. Some people, like Doomsday, say that they can't really get used to a tablet and they will end up just preferring mouse forever. It's all about you, man, and I don't know anything about you :/
Well, for my tablet, pen mode just makes my cursor go all over the place in osu, I was forced to use mouse mode which takes the entire tablet area.
Any idea how I can get pen mode working? Assuming you had this issue at first.
koromo

Sofian_1 wrote:

Well, for my tablet, pen mode just makes my cursor go all over the place in osu, I was forced to use mouse mode which takes the entire tablet area.
Setting your cursor sensitivity to 1x should fix this.

Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus

koromo wrote:

Sofian_1 wrote:

Setting your cursor sensitivity to 1x should fix this.

Cheers!
kriers
Switch back! ;~;
G0r

kriers wrote:

Switch back! ;~;
Lmao.
tolliken
Full area ftw!