forum

[Archived] osu running with 1 fps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hexxon
Problem Details:

Lately I have come to experience the bug of osu! only starting and running at 1 fps.
I have tried closing all other programs, logging off and on but the olny thing that helps is a full reboot.

This seems to happen randomly if you pc is powered on longer than 1 hour or so.
I have come to find this extremely annoying and aggravating.

I can imagine this information not being verry useful but at this state I wont reboot my pc everytime I want to play just 1 or 2 maps of osu!......

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

not necessary, is it?

osu! version: 20190620.4
Tobias Leander
If you have power saving enabled disable that, and make sure your battery is set to output max performance, this issue could also be caused by overlays causing the osu! window to lose focus, if this is the case disable discord game overlay and any other overlays like fps overlays ect.. that you may have on.
Topic Starter
Hexxon
Thanks for the reply but I'm playing on a Desktop so the first two options shouldnt apply.
I had already disabled the Discord Overlay but the Nvidia one was still active.
Lets wait and see I guess :)

Edit:
Issue still persists, nothing gained from turning off the overlays...

Also it only happens in FullScreen Mode, Full Windowed is not affected.

Probably a bug after all? Where could I report this?
Mamako

Hexxon wrote:

Edit:

Try to turn compatibility mode on, if that doesn't work or it gets worse, turn it off. Then turn all the graphics stuffs like shaders off. You can also go to task manager and check if there's anything there that's slowing the PC down. Also, check if your pc specs are decent.
ILoveMaria
I also had this problem with Minecraft and what i did was a full windows reinstallation and that seemd to have fixed my problem. Hope it fixes your's too 😊
dogoDluz

Mamako wrote:

Hexxon wrote:

Edit:

Try to turn compatibility mode on, if that doesn't work or it gets worse, turn it off. Then turn all the graphics stuffs like shaders off. You can also go to task manager and check if there's anything there that's slowing the PC down. Also, check if your pc specs are decent.
You do not need a good pc besides that if you go at 1 fps and it is not a bug you are literally playing in a toaster, but it helped me to put the compatibility mode, so thanks bro
xzuasx
did anyone find a fix to the problem becaus im having the xact same one