forum

New score submission style. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Andrea
Hi guys, I thought today of an idea that could be nice if applied.

You know, when you submit the scores you don't have the choice if you want to submit it or not, so I thought that maybe the new submission score system could be like this: You play the game, okay, then when you finish you get to the submission panel, but before submitting it will ask you "Would you like to submit the current record?" And then you'll decide if you want to submit or not.

What do you guys think about this idea? Let me know!
Last Remnant_old
I support this.
Hernan
Wouldn't that be similar to a practice mode? Iirc ppy doesn't want something like that.
YodaSnipe
yes.
lolcubes
I actually like this idea. Probably needs some work around playcount so playcount still increases though.
Aurele

lolcubes wrote:

I actually like this idea. Probably needs some work around playcount so playcount still increases though.
I was exactly thinking about this.
But that's a good idea!
those
Nope. Don't think so.
If you could only submit your best plays, then your overall depicted skill will be skewed.
Ekaru

those wrote:

Nope. Don't think so.
If you could only submit your best plays, then your overall depicted skill will be skewed.
That's essentially what the pp system does, though, which actually makes this pointless for the vast majority of players.

EDIT: In fact, it'd likely be annoying for most players. Who wants to be asked a question every few minutes that the answer will usually be "yes" to?
YodaSnipe
inb4 toggle.
Ekaru

YodaSnipe wrote:

inb4 toggle.
If this had a toggle then I'd be fine with it as long as having it off was the default. That would work.
Sakura

Andrea wrote:

Hi guys, I thought today of an idea that could be nice if applied.

You know, when you submit the scores you don't have the choice if you want to submit it or not, so I thought that maybe the new submission score system could be like this: You play the game, okay, then when you finish you get to the submission panel, but before submitting it will ask you "Would you like to submit the current record?" And then you'll decide if you want to submit or not.

What do you guys think about this idea? Let me know!
Hasn't this been denied a gazillion of times before?

Also, why are u asking for this? why do you need something like this?
Kurokami
Honestly I think its a good idea. Sometimes even a pro is able to play like a noob, so ...
YodaSnipe

Sakura wrote:

All them scores you didn't mean to get but you did anyways. Perhaps a score in the top500pp accounted for in your accuracy. Perhaps the pesky A that you didn't mean to get, etc.
Sakura

YodaSnipe wrote:

Sakura wrote:

All them scores you didn't mean to get but you did anyways. Perhaps a score in the top500pp accounted for in your accuracy. Perhaps the pesky A that you didn't mean to get, etc.
All of them reasons that "practice modes" got denied to begin with =P this is even worse, since in here you dont risk doing a good run and it not counting.
MillhioreF
plus would help cheaters...
"ha ha, I didn't submit my score, you can't report my HD+FL on Big Black now!"
Azure_Kite
That kinda wouldn't be what the cheaters are after, lol.
Vish024
Rubbish

I don't understand why people would not like to submit scores, if you don't want to submit then just use an unranked mod or play offline.
WASSHOI
Don't find any real reason for this, especially when the new PP system rewards good plays and doesn't penalize you for bad plays. In a way, your good plays are all that really count anyway, and the game determines that.
winber1

MillhioreF wrote:

plus would help cheaters...
"ha ha, I didn't submit my score, you can't report my HD+FL on Big Black now!"
no one would care because no one gets knocked off the ranking list. It's really not considered cheating because it's just a local score, like any old other offline game. Now if he submitted the score that would be different.

On topic, I honestly find this useless, but I could see some players doing something stupid and getting an A or something that they don't want and that they can't fix (and that ruins their SS whoring), but really I don't see any other reason. Or I could just be blind and stupid. I kinda just want to ask...

Andrea, did you just think it was interesting to change the submission style? Or did you actually have something in mind to try and fix or something?

I don't really support it but, if there was a (lol) toggle, I wouldn't care. Clicking yes all the time is hassle >_>
boat
Pause > Back to menu/retry.

Does the same thing, just that you got to make sure not to press esc/mwheel too late.