Keyboard switches?

posted
Total Posts
74
show more
Frizz

Wishy22 wrote:

Cookiezi, White Wolf, Niko-. KeigoClear, and pretty sure Rucker too use blue switches (BlackWidow).

Black ones are too hard compared to blue/red/brown.
However the combination of their high actuation force and close operating/reset points make them easier for double tapping. I've tried Blacks myself and they're much better than Blues for me.

Also don't forget that val0108 uses Blacks too.
Wishy
You can get them by way less money actually.
JAKACHAN

Frizz925 wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Cookiezi, White Wolf, Niko-. KeigoClear, and pretty sure Rucker too use blue switches (BlackWidow).

Black ones are too hard compared to blue/red/brown.
However the combination of their high actuation force and close operating/reset points make them easier for double tapping. I've tried Blacks myself and they're much better than Blues for me.

Also don't forget that val0108 uses Blacks too.
That's funny cause I've tried reds and blacks and they are worse than blues for me.
WASSHOI

Pacemaker wrote:

Meh, probs just gonna get a BlackWidow then. While it's good to find your own style of playing, you can't deny the fact that many of the guys considered the top are using one as well. I'd love to try Reds, but...
Blues are great for gaming and good for typing. I prefer them over any other switch. It's really a matter of personal choice, because the switches really are about just adjusting key presses to your comfort level. If you're getting BlackWidow, might I also recomend you look into Cool Master Quickfire Rapid, a great competitor for the BlackWidow.

If you really want reds, then there's also a slightly more expensive red switch version of it too.
Frizz
Not for me. I'm starting to have enough with their tactility.
IppE
RED SWITCHES DA BESSS!!!!11!1!1!!1111
JAKACHAN

IppE wrote:

RED SWITCHES DA BESSS!!!!11!1!1!!1111
Red Switches make you stream 270 instantly RIGHT LEWA? -wink wink-
IppE
damn right
JAKACHAN

Remonwater
I bought my BlackWidow a while ago because it didn't seem all that expensive compared to the other keyboards. It feels great, but when it came my spacebar was loose and kind of came off; afterwards I put it back on and its completely functional. My 1 key is easily removable as well, but still completely functional. Despite those complications, it's a great keyboard and worth the money
WASSHOI
If you wanna know if blues are right for you, many large electronic branches such as Best Buy will most likely have the BlackWidow in stock, and you can literally feel the arrow keys on them since the box has a small window for you to test out how they feel. (For this reason I recondite not getting a BlackWidow from a store like that caus who knows who's disgusting fingers have been on your brand new product before you got to try it. Order BlackWidow online if you're going to buy one.)
thelewa

WASSHOI wrote:

Blues are great for gaming and good for typing. I prefer them over any other switch. It's really a matter of personal choice, because the switches really are about just adjusting key presses to your comfort level. If you're getting BlackWidow, might I also recomend you look into Cool Master Quickfire Rapid, a great competitor for the BlackWidow.

If you really want reds, then there's also a slightly more expensive red switch version of it too.
Fuck my life, I want that blue switch version, but they don't sell it in Finland. They only sell the version that has red switches.

I can buy the red switches version for 65€ in like 4 days, might just buy a new one since this current keyboard has a few broken keys.
WASSHOI

N y a r u k o wrote:

I bought my BlackWidow a while ago because it didn't seem all that expensive compared to the other keyboards. It feels great, but when it came my spacebar was loose and kind of came off; afterwards I put it back on and its completely functional. My 1 key is easily removable as well, but still completely functional. Despite those complications, it's a great keyboard and worth the money
That's because Razor products are built in Chinese sweatshops and occasionally have build issues. My old keyboard was a Razor Arctosa and the left shift key's spring came out of place after about a month of use. Lots of Razor products have random build issues, from my personal experience as well as online testimonials.

Quickfire Rapids are Costar built, same company that makes other high quality mechanical keyboards such as Filcos. Only problem with Quickfire Rapid is their obnoxious logo placed all over the keyboard.
Wishy

Frizz925 wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Cookiezi, White Wolf, Niko-. KeigoClear, and pretty sure Rucker too use blue switches (BlackWidow).

Black ones are too hard compared to blue/red/brown.
However the combination of their high actuation force and close operating/reset points make them easier for double tapping. I've tried Blacks myself and they're much better than Blues for me.

Also don't forget that val0108 uses Blacks too.
Black switches are HARD to press, which reduces your potential endurance.
Espionage724
Buckling Spring on IBM Model M = best*

*best if you like noise, tactile feedback, and a decent amount of force needed to press the key down
thelewa

WASSHOI wrote:

N y a r u k o wrote:

I bought my BlackWidow a while ago because it didn't seem all that expensive compared to the other keyboards. It feels great, but when it came my spacebar was loose and kind of came off; afterwards I put it back on and its completely functional. My 1 key is easily removable as well, but still completely functional. Despite those complications, it's a great keyboard and worth the money
That's because Razor products are built in Chinese sweatshops and occasionally have build issues. My old keyboard was a Razor Arctosa and the left shift key's spring came out of place after about a month of use. Lots of Razor products have random build issues, from my personal experience as well as online testimonials.

Quickfire Rapids are Costar built, same company that makes other high quality mechanical keyboards such as Filcos. Only problem with Quickfire Rapid is their obnoxious logo placed all over the keyboard.
I broke a BlackWidow by hitting it once

RAZER = QUALITY
kriers
From all the switches I've tried, I really prefer the brown. It feels as light as red ones, but feels tactile (not so much as blue, but almost), pretty much taking the best from both switches into one.
jesse1412

Wishy22 wrote:

Frizz925 wrote:

However the combination of their high actuation force and close operating/reset points make them easier for double tapping. I've tried Blacks myself and they're much better than Blues for me.

Also don't forget that val0108 uses Blacks too.
Black switches are HARD to press, which reduces your potential endurance.
I don't think the endurance hit is actually that noticeable personally but maybe that's because I have never tried blues. Really I think any mech KB will do. Me myself didn't notice any change between mech and rubber dome until a few days in, now I can't stand rubber domes.
WASSHOI

thelewa wrote:

I broke a BlackWidow by hitting it once

RAZER = QUALITY
Just saying, Razer isn't exactly known for quality builds. They advertise like hell to get their name around, and BlackWidow is actually a good keyboard, but it's always good to look at what competitors offer in the same price range. Rapid Fire overall receives better reviews all around with less complaints of defects and such.

If Rapid Fire was more expensive that BlackWidow (RF is actually slightly cheaper from some sellers), I'd have no issue going with the BlackWidow since it's not a bad keyboard.
lolcubes
Razer was really good back in the days when ball mice were popular, they were simply the best, and that's why they get so much attention. Today they are just crap, well not really, but surely overpriced.

Wishy22 wrote:

Black switches are HARD to press, which reduces your potential endurance.
It all depends on the person. Black switches really aren't that hard to press, atleast for me. And trust me, I can stream fairly well, as well as keep decent accuracy.

Tom94 also uses blacks I think, just saying.

In closing I just wanna say that if you want to buy a mech keyboard, be sure to FEEL all of the switch types before purchase. Some people were disappointed and then they just gave a certain mech switch a bad name, when in reality it's their error to not check what they are buying.
I tested blackwidow and steelseries 7g next to each other. I was much more comfortable with 7g. Just sayin'.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply