forum

MegaTen discussion (formerly Persona 4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Starrodkirby86
I guess you can consider the game pretty awesome. I find it pretty nice, though the beginning is and such...erm, I took light of the situation. Especially most of the time...The way Chie and Yukiko says their Ses are annoying...

I haven't read Jojo's...but it surely is a coincidence and it can't detract the game's quality at all...

Anyway guys...

EVERYDAY'S GREAT AT YOUR JUNES!
[Youmu]
oo kk
Mogsy
Persona 4 is, in my eyes, the best game in the series. Seriously, it's a great game, regardless of similarities to Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (part 4).

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

EVERYDAY'S GREAT AT YOUR JUNES!
EVERYDAY'S GREAT AT YOUR JUNES!~♪
Zatoichi

lukewarmholiday wrote:

PLOT SOUNDS A LOT LIKE JOJO'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE PART 4
I can't see how this is a problem.
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This topic is now general P4 discussion because we need a P4 discussion thread
Sinistro
Ok, renamed. Try to use spoiler tags, though.
Starrodkirby86
So how does everyone like the Mara Persona...?

I know it's been in the previous game...but bah...

http://www.411mania.com/game_article_pictures/3532.jpg (Maybe NSFW)
Slain087
Mara makes me facepalm in more ways than one.
Atmey

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Atmey wrote:

The part with Josuke? thats me second favorite part.
Yeah, this is just a joke but seriously if you simplify the plots down to 2 sentences they are the same thing :3

Same could probably said about many game plots though :P
I rescued Yukiko then stopped playing, haven't seen similarities yet. Except maybe the plot is in countryside Japan.
DawnII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Starrodkirby86
He looks even better in 3-D. :3

But man, he's level 61. :( Going to take a while to make him. (Well not in your standpoint I bet)
Ivalset
I'll agree with Mogs that it is the best in the series, but christ, it is easy compared to 3. I don't think they realized how much easier they made it with the (re)addition of full party member control, essentially 3 free endures by the way of your party members (can't help you on aoe attacks, but still), and the overall changes to the "down" mechanics.

I guess there just wasn't enough Megidolaon for me.

It's also possible I was just really bad at p3, and I got better with p4. Hard mode in p4 was a walk in the park, but in p3 it was soul-crushing due to the lack of safety nets.
Slain087
Everyone gets a few cheap as hell deaths in 3. In 4, you'd be lucky (or unlucky, depending on your POV) to get three in an entire runthrough.

I find it really hard to go back into 3 after finishing 4 (twice). Maybe it's because 1 More only works if all enemies affected by the attack are hit and downed. Maybe it's the fact that I refuse to remove Thor's Hammer, and therefore miss first strike a lot of the time. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to juggle three girls at once and I don't remember how the hell I need to set it up so that none of them Reverse on me.

I really want Izanagi-no-Okami in my Compendium, damnit. He may suck horribly for most applications, but damn it, he's the World.
DawnII
I dunno Ival, Persona 3 on Hard was retardedly easy for me as well. The only challenge I had throughout the entire game was Nyx, and I just leveled up a couple levels in the secret block and I wiped him in 10 minutes. Persona 4 at least provides no easy means of endgame leveling, making the final battles more about strategy than grinding. I do agree it seems easier due to the new mechanics, especially the 1 More even after a partially successful AOE attack. I think I had an overall more difficult time, however, with P4 than with P3. I also played them back-to-back.
Mogsy
I agree that there are many aspects of 4 that make it easier than 3. The thing is, though, that I found battles in 4 to be a lot more strategic than in 3, but it may just be me. I'll have to go back to 3 after I beat 4 again, though, just to see. yay an excuse to replay persona 3

This time, I'm actually going for mastering social links. Most of my social links are either level 5 or 6, with the others either max'd or undiscovered (come on let me skip class dammit).

Also is it just me or do the Hanged Man and Death arcana Personae really kick ass?
Ivalset
I've always been a fan of Justice Arcana, but I found myself using Strength/Chariots for most of p4.

I remember going into a battle in p3, neither side had advantage, the three enemies all used mabufu and everyone died. I just can't be assed to use a bow the entire game just to make sure I get advantage all the time. I'll give p3 another run when I'm done with Ar Tonelico 2.
DawnII
I've never lost an advantage in P3. Oh shit it's chasing me, run up some stairs. Hey it turned around, *THUNK* Doesn't matter what weapon I use, I can get the advantage every single battle. Pause trick is there as well, although I personally did not know about it until I beat the game.
Ivalset
Zatoichi
My friend was streaming P3 FES yesterday.

He found out that Shinji was wearing a Bulletproof Vest.

What.
Slain087

Zatoichi wrote:

My friend was streaming P3 FES yesterday.

He found out that Shinji was wearing a Bulletproof Vest.

What.
Bulletproof vests do not have adequate protection at close range. Depending on the make, point-blank shots can either go right through or cause internal damage from the kinetic force. The internal material, again depending on the make, can shatter and cause shrapnel to interact with the body.
Zatoichi
My friend is streaming right now. I just posted what you said to him. This is his response.

Tanasinn: BULLSHIT
Tanasinn: HE DIDN'T GET SHOT FROM 'CLOSE RANGE'
Tanasinn: HE GOT SHOT FROM MEDIUM RANGE
ωRICE: Also from a bullet that does NOT EVEN 80 DAMAGE
Two_old
I got bored of persona 3 and 4 right before the end bosses of both of them. I was lucky in persona 4 and found the accessory that lets you survive with 1 hp in the bath house, but still lost hours to bs deaths.
Slain087
Well, considering that Junpei nukes one of them with a Agidyne spell when the said person has a Persona immune to Fire, I guess we just chalk it up to Gameplay and Story Segregation (Warning: Slain does not take any responsibility for any time wasted on TVTropes as a result of this link).

Oh, and after looking it up on Wikipedia, it's entirely possible that [Revolver Jesus] uses bullets with non-deformable material cores. Since deforming bullets to increase surface area is all bulletproof vests do, it is entirely possible for a bullet with such a core to go right through. I also remember stories of bulletproof vests failing even at mid-to-long range.

I don't remember the cutscene too well, so eh.
Zatoichi
Ivalset
You can't turn a persona 4 discussion into a Persona 3 Portable discussion. Not allowed unless I edit the title of this thread to Persona Series discussion or Shin Megami Tensei series discussion.

So which do you want?
adam2046
Remco32
Playing this on a emulator. Didn't want to buy a PS2 for just 2 games (Persona 4 and Tales of the Abyss).
12 hours and counting @ the bathhouse!
Ivalset
I'm super excited about female main for Persona 3 Portable.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I approve
adam2046
I heard The Answer will not be included.
:(
Loginer

Two wrote:

I got bored of persona 3 and 4 right before the end bosses of both of them. I was lucky in persona 4 and found the accessory that lets you survive with 1 hp in the bath house, but still lost hours to bs deaths.
You must be joking. Persona 4 was the by far easiest turn-based RPG I've ever played. The only boss battle I had any problems with was Izanami, but fusing better Personas solved that problem.

Persona 3 seems to be slightly more difficult, but very little grinding has been involved so far (currently at the end of block 2).
Ivalset
Hardest part of persona games are the first 5 hours.

Also if you're not playing on expert mode you're not playing the game.
Two_old
Senbon
Lovely Hama and Mudo.

You gotta love them.

But that gets thrown out the window by the 10th hour in P4. :(

P3P looks promising.. Atlus never disappoints. Y'know, I REALLY want to know how the dating works with MShe, now.

And Persona 3 sure is gonna be the cash cow.

EDIT: Lol. Sorry, it was just some impulse. I'm normal now.
Ivalset
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I'm sleepy
Zatoichi
(12:00:59 PM) Archetype: Too bad P3P will never be released in Amerikkka.
(12:01:12 PM) Archetype: Just like Fatal Frame 4.
Mogsy
So, bumping this thread due to the Persona remake for PSP. It's actually a huge improvement over the original (mostly because the original was shit), and the battle system doesn't seem to suck as hard as it used to. Maybe because it feels much less like you're trudging through mud.
Remco32
Anyone has tips on fusing Persona's on P4? I just blindly try some combinations...
show more