forum

MegaTen discussion (formerly Persona 4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ivalset
I'm sure it was intentional
heintsi
Preordered SMT: Devil survivor 2 and also ordered strange journey at same time. Dunno if i'll actually play the game in near future though because i already have save in Strange Journey where i'm almost at end. I just thought it would be nice addition to collection as it didn't even cost much in play-asia, only 16 bucks. Really hyped over Devil survivor 2, although I know they didn't change really anything in battle system, but story is all that counts for me and I liked the DS1 battle system, so why change?
heintsi
Bump, but damn. I'm getting the feeling that DS2 will be delayed as they haven't even got preorder/website ready and release is on 22nd day.. ah well. Hopefully they are gonna release it and not stop translating it.
awp
I've gotten to the point in Persona 3 where all the characters have started becoming likeable

yyyyay
Ivalset
Mitsuru the best
Sinistro

heintsi wrote:

Bump, but damn. I'm getting the feeling that DS2 will be delayed as they haven't even got preorder/website ready and release is on 22nd day.. ah well. Hopefully they are gonna release it and not stop translating it.
Speak of the Devil (Survivor), because the site's now up. Wait, 22nd? Thought it was on the 28th.
heintsi
That answer got me smiling. Glad to hear so i didn't spend my pennies for nothing. And you are right, seems to be 28th. Guess I took false information by browsing amazon and their release dates are never 100% correct.
Hopefully MC isn't jerk in this one, others characters feel quite ok to me. But wow, how could they make the story sound so bland on the site? Still hyped.
DavisWTG
Well, I guess that I'm also excited about Devil Survivor 2, since I enjoyed the first game very much. Though, there is one thing that made me think lately, it's about the Persona Fighting Game, and I think noone pointed it out yet. Back then when Akihiko and Mitsuru weren't confirmed as character, I recall that on the website, the part about the characters to be exact, was empty, but the slots were there. Now, all of the ten slots for playable characters are filled (I consider the slot in the middle as the "Random" option, since the P4 MC will most likely be the character in the middle), but if you look at the Special/Twitter Icon-section of the website, there is still one icon missing. I'm wondering which character that could be. Hopefully not Fuuka as another commentator...
Remco32
*gasp* The Enemy!

I'm not into fighting games but isn't just 10 characters a little meager?
Ivalset
Nope, 10 is about normal. There are of course games with much more than that, but 10 is reasonable for the first in a series.

http://inbirth.info/character.html - Another fighting game in development, 11 characters
DavisWTG
Yeah, it's normal. To name a more or less well-known example, the first part of the SSB-series also only had 12 characters.

Ah well, still don't hope that it isn't Fuuka who is left...
awp
Fuuka in a fighting game? Can't really see that. That'd be like...Nanako.
Ivalset
awp
Akihiko doesn't look much like Akihiko
Ivalset
Well, devil survivor 2 is...*whistles*
Remco32

Ivalset wrote:

Leaked! Leaked! Is the word we're looking for leaked?
MMzz
>red skin kanji, dafuq
Ivalset

Remco32 wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

Leaked! Leaked! Is the word we're looking for leaked?
Dammit Remco, we're not looking for words. We're trying to keep this on the down low, so we can pretend to be legitimate.

Apparently some stores broke street date, and that may or may not have caused it to become available by other means.
Drakari_old
Question for all: Is Persona 3 Portable worth $40 as opposed to just waiting for Persona 4: The Golden or playing FES on an emulator?
Remco32

Drakari wrote:

Question for all: Is Persona 3 Portable worth $40 as opposed to just waiting for Persona 4: The Golden or playing FES on an emulator?
$40, nah.
I bought a PSP secondhand to play it though, but I wouldn't spend 40 bucks on the game on it's own. I wouldn't spend that amount of cash on any game, though.
DawnII
Sup with those glasses Akihiko. Sup with those palette swaps. SUP.
awp
SUMMON
UR
PERSONA
Ivalset
Devil Survivor 2 is so good.

Fumi is the best so far.
DavisWTG
It seems like the final character for P4U was revealed. Although there isn't anything on the official website, it seems like there'll be a character named Labrys, at least according to the Megami Tensei-Wiki.Also, since there are already screenshots of her around, I doubt it's a fake. Though, she only appeared in a drama CD of P3 so far... I wonder how she'll be like.
Also, started Devil Survivor a few days ago. It's awesome so far, I have to admit. Favorite character so far would be Ronaldo, although I have to admit that I also like Fumi and Jungo. Maybe my final team will consist of them, then. Don't know how Ronaldo's stats will develop, though, since he didn't join my team up until now...
Ivalset
Fuck Ronaldo. What a douchebag.

My ideal team is Fumi, Makoto and Otome, but I really wish Makoto didn't have so much magic; there are a lot of skills I'd like to use with her but she winds up not having enough str/vit/agi and she's kicking around a bunch of magic that she doesn't need. I think Hinako has a better stat distribution but holy shit is she annoying.

I actually wish I had run with a physical MC this time around, since Fumi is more than adequate for magic.

As far as P4U is concerned, I'm kind of disappointed with Labrys. I'd much rather have had Metis instead if I had to have another robot, but I'd really have preferred some persona 2 cast members or maybe even Raidou or something.
awp
James Labrys

I think I'm getting near the end of P3 now. Elizabeth and Aigis are still my favourite characters
SereneMidnight
It's been a while since I played the first two SMT games. That should be fixed sometime in the near future... *Too busy with MGS at the moment*
Ivalset
There, beat devil survivor 2 on the Anguished One's route.

Fumi still the best.

Evil Flow is an awesome racial skill, as much as I disliked using evil/chaos wave.
Remco32
Hi guys I finally beat Nocturne am I a real Fatlus now? Went with the neutral ending
Gonna finish P3P soon too, 2 weeks left in the game or so.
DavisWTG
I'm on The Anguished One's route as well, though I can say that I still need a little bit until I'll finish it. Reached the final mission, but I definitely want to get Lucifer before I finish the game to carry it over. I heard that the system how you carry over things is the same like in Devil Survivor Overclocked, so if that's true... then I want to have at least one good demon that I can carry over. Also, my team is almost like I expected it - Jungo and Fumi are in it, though the fourth character is the one of my ending route. Concerning the stats, I decided to go for getting the highest stats for Strength and Agility, the rest for vitality with a little bit into Magic (I think he has 9 points there). And man, Multi-Strike definitely hurts this way. Too bad that four characters couldn't join me, though - I hate it that I couldn't get Hinako and Otome because the Fate Link was too low.
Anyways, I think my next run would be either Ronaldo's or Daichi's route - that depends on my mood, I guess.
Ivalset
Multi-strike is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that skill.

Taking a break to play some other games, but I'll probably run through with a physical MC next time around since I really don't need two magical nukers with 5/40/10/20 ish stat spreads.
Remco32

Remco32 wrote:

Gonna finish P3P soon too, 2 weeks left in the game or so.
Well, that was sooner than I thought I would beat it.
The ending still makes me sad :(
awp
Persona 3 just won't end D: and good thing too, because one of my only remaining quests left involves Siegfried, which requires Yuko SLink 10, and Yuko keeps getting mad at me for sleeping with other people and idk why but it makes it really hard to max out her SLink

The other is to man-handle the reaper but with a max-stat Persona that still isn't going over too well
Remco32
Aren't you playing FES?
awp
yes
Remco32
I thought you could get a Harem in that without that much trouble of the other girls.
I'm transferring P2P:IS to my PSP now. What to expect? I heard stuff about the best cast and story?
DavisWTG
Actually, the only girl that never complained was Aigis, if I remember it right. When I played P3FES, some of the girls were always upset, so I know what I'm talking about...
awp
Yuko's gotten upset at me TWICE now. I think it's those fucking kids who keep calling me her boyfriend, despite my own assistance that we're just friends. We've even had that conversation before.

Haven't gotten the Aigis SLink yet and I'm getting really damn close to the end of the game...
Remco32
I did that SLink yesterday, hoping it would alter something to the end or something. It didn't. The SLink is really cheesy, Robogirl wishing to have and understand emotions.
DavisWTG
Well, at least you're gaining a good Persona for completing that Social Link - Metatron can be useful. Also, can't say that I had trouble with maxing the Social Link fpr Yuko, but Chihiro gave me some trouble to be honest. Though, I think they only start complaining as soon as the Social Link reached Level 7, at least I remember it that way. Though, in Persona 4 it wasn't like that at all - again, if I remember it correctly. Ah well, the Fate System in Devil Survivor 2 works easier, I suppose~.
show more