show more
awp
Akihiko doesn't look much like Akihiko
Ivalset
Well, devil survivor 2 is...*whistles*
Remco32

Ivalset wrote:

Leaked! Leaked! Is the word we're looking for leaked?
MMzz
>red skin kanji, dafuq
Ivalset

Remco32 wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

Leaked! Leaked! Is the word we're looking for leaked?
Dammit Remco, we're not looking for words. We're trying to keep this on the down low, so we can pretend to be legitimate.

Apparently some stores broke street date, and that may or may not have caused it to become available by other means.
Drakari_old
Question for all: Is Persona 3 Portable worth $40 as opposed to just waiting for Persona 4: The Golden or playing FES on an emulator?
Remco32

Drakari wrote:

Question for all: Is Persona 3 Portable worth $40 as opposed to just waiting for Persona 4: The Golden or playing FES on an emulator?
$40, nah.
I bought a PSP secondhand to play it though, but I wouldn't spend 40 bucks on the game on it's own. I wouldn't spend that amount of cash on any game, though.
DawnII
Sup with those glasses Akihiko. Sup with those palette swaps. SUP.
awp
SUMMON
UR
PERSONA
Ivalset
Devil Survivor 2 is so good.

Fumi is the best so far.
DavisWTG
It seems like the final character for P4U was revealed. Although there isn't anything on the official website, it seems like there'll be a character named Labrys, at least according to the Megami Tensei-Wiki.Also, since there are already screenshots of her around, I doubt it's a fake. Though, she only appeared in a drama CD of P3 so far... I wonder how she'll be like.
Also, started Devil Survivor a few days ago. It's awesome so far, I have to admit. Favorite character so far would be Ronaldo, although I have to admit that I also like Fumi and Jungo. Maybe my final team will consist of them, then. Don't know how Ronaldo's stats will develop, though, since he didn't join my team up until now...
Ivalset
Fuck Ronaldo. What a douchebag.

My ideal team is Fumi, Makoto and Otome, but I really wish Makoto didn't have so much magic; there are a lot of skills I'd like to use with her but she winds up not having enough str/vit/agi and she's kicking around a bunch of magic that she doesn't need. I think Hinako has a better stat distribution but holy shit is she annoying.

I actually wish I had run with a physical MC this time around, since Fumi is more than adequate for magic.

As far as P4U is concerned, I'm kind of disappointed with Labrys. I'd much rather have had Metis instead if I had to have another robot, but I'd really have preferred some persona 2 cast members or maybe even Raidou or something.
awp
James Labrys

I think I'm getting near the end of P3 now. Elizabeth and Aigis are still my favourite characters
SereneMidnight
It's been a while since I played the first two SMT games. That should be fixed sometime in the near future... *Too busy with MGS at the moment*
Ivalset
There, beat devil survivor 2 on the Anguished One's route.

Fumi still the best.

Evil Flow is an awesome racial skill, as much as I disliked using evil/chaos wave.
Remco32
Hi guys I finally beat Nocturne am I a real Fatlus now? Went with the neutral ending
Gonna finish P3P soon too, 2 weeks left in the game or so.
DavisWTG
I'm on The Anguished One's route as well, though I can say that I still need a little bit until I'll finish it. Reached the final mission, but I definitely want to get Lucifer before I finish the game to carry it over. I heard that the system how you carry over things is the same like in Devil Survivor Overclocked, so if that's true... then I want to have at least one good demon that I can carry over. Also, my team is almost like I expected it - Jungo and Fumi are in it, though the fourth character is the one of my ending route. Concerning the stats, I decided to go for getting the highest stats for Strength and Agility, the rest for vitality with a little bit into Magic (I think he has 9 points there). And man, Multi-Strike definitely hurts this way. Too bad that four characters couldn't join me, though - I hate it that I couldn't get Hinako and Otome because the Fate Link was too low.
Anyways, I think my next run would be either Ronaldo's or Daichi's route - that depends on my mood, I guess.
Ivalset
Multi-strike is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that skill.

Taking a break to play some other games, but I'll probably run through with a physical MC next time around since I really don't need two magical nukers with 5/40/10/20 ish stat spreads.
Remco32

Remco32 wrote:

Gonna finish P3P soon too, 2 weeks left in the game or so.
Well, that was sooner than I thought I would beat it.
The ending still makes me sad :(
awp
Persona 3 just won't end D: and good thing too, because one of my only remaining quests left involves Siegfried, which requires Yuko SLink 10, and Yuko keeps getting mad at me for sleeping with other people and idk why but it makes it really hard to max out her SLink

The other is to man-handle the reaper but with a max-stat Persona that still isn't going over too well
Remco32
Aren't you playing FES?
awp
yes
Remco32
I thought you could get a Harem in that without that much trouble of the other girls.
I'm transferring P2P:IS to my PSP now. What to expect? I heard stuff about the best cast and story?
DavisWTG
Actually, the only girl that never complained was Aigis, if I remember it right. When I played P3FES, some of the girls were always upset, so I know what I'm talking about...
awp
Yuko's gotten upset at me TWICE now. I think it's those fucking kids who keep calling me her boyfriend, despite my own assistance that we're just friends. We've even had that conversation before.

Haven't gotten the Aigis SLink yet and I'm getting really damn close to the end of the game...
Remco32
I did that SLink yesterday, hoping it would alter something to the end or something. It didn't. The SLink is really cheesy, Robogirl wishing to have and understand emotions.
DavisWTG
Well, at least you're gaining a good Persona for completing that Social Link - Metatron can be useful. Also, can't say that I had trouble with maxing the Social Link fpr Yuko, but Chihiro gave me some trouble to be honest. Though, I think they only start complaining as soon as the Social Link reached Level 7, at least I remember it that way. Though, in Persona 4 it wasn't like that at all - again, if I remember it correctly. Ah well, the Fate System in Devil Survivor 2 works easier, I suppose~.
awp
In Persona 4 the girls can catch you fooling around with other girls (the scenes can be entertaining) but there are no repercussions for it. I really like the Persona 3 approach, where being a selfish douche actually pisses people off
Remco32

awp wrote:

where being a selfish douche actually pisses people off
You can be the biggest cunt in the universe in dialogue options, and that will barely have consequences, but cheating is a no-no.
awp
hey not true, I've tried being a gentleman in dialogue options and pissed hormonal women off because idk man they're fuckin' confusing

The one thing I dislike about the Persona games is that they're a chilling reflection (and thereby reminder) of how I just don't understand other people's feelings.

also Persona 4 added a feature to it that Persona 3 didn't have which I really liked, and that was, when being asked to hang out with others, you have "Yes", "Sure, but not right now, I gotta take care of something first", and "No"

Persona 3 I have to be like "oh shit I forgot; I have errands to do at the mall first. No, I'm not hanging out with you" 3 minutes elapse "hey let's do stuff"

oh and I defeated the Reaper last night

I made the lovely mistake of bringing 3 party members with elemental weaknesses to the fight and things got pretty close.

Do NOT Tetrakarn that motherfucker; he just spams Megidolaon if you do and that thing wipes my entire party other than me
SereneMidnight
Shame that my PSP broke right when P3P was announced in Japan...
DavisWTG
So, I just managed it to finish my 2nd run through Devil Survivor 2 during the last weekend. Took Daichi's route this time, and then took the option to kill Polaris. It's a shame I still didn't manage it to complete Yamato's Fate Link, and he was the only one not joining me of those whou would have been possible. Ah well... Anyways, I'll try to get the perfect ending next, along with beating the bonus bosses. The good thing is that I can carry over things that are worth 710 points in total - it's awesome that my long training in the first playthrough paid off, because this way I managed it to unlock 2 titles in my second run that were all worth 200 points.
awp
Finished The Journey, now going through The Answer. The Answer seems to be really stripped down in terms of content, though.
Remco32
The Answer is deemed abysmal by the internet. I've skipped it.
Ivalset
The Answer is fantastic for its gameplay. Storywise, yeah, not much there.

Metis is the best character in Persona 3, so there's that.
Lilac
We going through Persona 3 FES/Portable again?

Cause I will not study for my last year of high school to finish that game. I bought this as I almost finished Persona 4 and I don't like P4 any more now. Oh well.

Also, Social Links are way harder...kind of a great challenge to me.
Remco32
Could someone give a summary of the story? I'm somewhat tempted to play it so I can know what happens with the party after the MC dies
Sinistro
Here's a summary from Wikipedia which I've shortened:

SPOILER
During their last dinner party together, the SEES members discover that they are trapped in their dorm, and that the day March 31 is repeating itself. Later, a large hole opens in the floor of the dorm, and SEES is attacked by Metis, an anti-Shadow weapon similar to Aigis. In the midst of fighting Metis to protect her friends, Aigis's Persona, Athena, transforms into Orpheus, the original Persona of the Protagonist. She also gains the Protagonist's Wild Card ability. Aigis is able to subdue Metis, whose actions were an attempt to end the time skip and save Aigis, who she calls her "sister".

Underneath the dorm is the Abyss of Time, the cause of the time skip. The Abyss contains seven doors, all leading multi-floor dungeons, similar in design to Tartarus. At the top of the seventh and final door, SEES fights a Shadow-like version of the Protagonist. After defeating it, each of them obtain a key. By combining the keys, they would be able to end the time skip and leave the dorm. However, Metis presents SEES with an alternative: they may also use the keys to travel back in time, to before the fight against Nyx and the death of the Protagonist, allowing them to prevent it.

Unable to agree on how to use the keys, the characters determine that they must fight each other to decide. Aigis and Metis claim all eight keys, which fuse into the Final Key. The group then discovers a new door in the Abyss of Time, which they use to travel to the moment the Protagonist sealed Nyx from the world.

Metis explains that the purpose of the seal created by the Protagonist was not to seal Nyx from humanity, but to prevent humanity from calling out to Nyx. However, the malice of the human race manifested in a monster called Erebus, which was able to break through the seal, causing the time skip. SEES fights and defeats Erebus.

After breaking the time skip and exiting through the front door of the dorm with the Final Key, Metis, Aigis, and the rest of SEES are summoned to the Velvet Room. There they learn that Metis is a manifestation of a part of Aigis's personality. Distraught over the death of the Protagonist, she no longer wanted to live like a human, and wished to return to being a machine. However, after being set free from the Abyss of Time, Aigis changes her mind, deciding to continue to attend school, something she had chosen not to do earlier.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

The Answer is fantastic for its gameplay. Storywise, yeah, not much there.

Metis is the best character in Persona 3, so there's that.
Yeah I've been diggin' Metis. She's a bit confrontational at times, but her Persona is the best non-MC Persona in the game as far as I can tell. No weaknesses? Brutal Slash skills? Wind AND Ice attacks? We're just gettin' started.

When I played through The Journey, Aigis was ALWAYS on my team, so she ended up like 20 levels higher than the rest. I can see that happening with Metis, too.
DavisWTG
ATLUS just made my day - it seems that two new playable characters for P4U were announced, which is quite a surprise given the fact that I've expected Labrys to be the last addition. The first character is quite underwhelming - Shadow Labrys seems to be playable, too - but the second addition is just awesome. Elizabeth is playable - with Thanatos as her persona. This is just going to be awesome. Also, there are already scans of the famitsu around showing her.
Oh, and for the ones who want to see said scan:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2300 ... 3fb11o.jpg
show more