forum

osu! iPhone port public beta

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Its finally arrived - the iPhone port of osu! is now publicly available. nuudles has been working hard to get this release ready, which can now be found on the Cydia ModMyI repo. You will need a jailbroken iPhone/Touch to load the game for now. More information can be found here. For questions or feedback, visit the new forum!

ijou
awp
wtb jb ipod touch??? =(

(ninja'd a typo in case you're perusing the changelog asking wtf r u doin 2 ma post awp)
ultimateX21xx

peppy wrote:

Its finally arrived - the iPhone port of osu! is now publicly available. nuudles has been working hard to get this release ready, which can now be found on the Cydia ModMyI repo. You will need a jailbroken iPhone/Touch to load the game for now. More information can be found here. For questions or feedback, visit the new forum!

ijou

Well first off I'm excited to hear that, now I can play it on my itouch, but question where is this CydiamodmyI repo. Thanks peppy
nuudles

ultimateX21xx wrote:

peppy wrote:

ijou
Well first off I'm excited to hear that, now I can play it on my itouch, but question where is this CydiamodmyI repo. Thanks peppy
The ModMyi Cydia repo is installed by default when you jailbreak your device. Currently you must jailbreak your iPod Touch to install osu! iPhone. If you have an iPod Touch 2g, they haven't jailbroken it yet, but are getting close. Check out the FAQ for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9075
gaph2000
nuudles r teh rox0rs, playing it right now :D

EDIT: er, wait... I just said that because I had just opened Cydia and thought it be there, but it appears not to be... even going through the respoitoiry (sp) it doesn't show up! This has happened before, and usually waiting fixes it. Does it show up for anyone else?

EDIT 2: NVM, works and is fantastic! Plus, skins!
agentgamma
This is a very good port so far :D
I NEED to get an iPhone stylus for this game!
I'm typing this as I'm downloading a beatmap :P
Saviouz
Oh My God! I'm very excititing about that! :DDD Now I MUST buy an iPod Touch!
Nathan_old2
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nilsonneto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nuudles
There's also this video:

That goes through some of the features. The guy isn't very good at playing it though. Doesn't understand all the concepts of the game.
felix123_old
Congratulations!
Now we have another touchscreen platform to play osu on. :)
Cheery

nuudles wrote:

There's also this video:

That goes through some of the features. The guy isn't very good at playing it though. Doesn't understand all the concepts of the game.

Lol ~ :)
nuudles
Just found another video, but it's out of sync:

And look, a Greek website announced the game too! :)

http://www.iphonehellas.gr/4143/osu-eli ... #more-4143
nilsonneto
does somebody knows if osu if compatible with the new 2.2.1 firmware?
Foffo_old
is it compatible with iPod Touch? ^^
chan
Really impressed with the port Nuudles, got to see Peppy demonstrate a few times IRL on his iPhone. Maybe I'll film him or something since those youtube vids aren't exactly great...
Topic Starter
peppy

Foffo wrote:

is it compatible with iPod Touch? ^^
Yes, as long as you can jailbreak it.
nuudles
Thanks chan, I've also uploaded some better videos here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9846