forum

Two questions regarding metadata

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SoulOfClicking
Hello, I've recently been getting into mapping and I have two questions. one regarding metadata's "Allowances":

"For Remixes/Covers, the original artist may be used in the artist field, as long as the title field is modified to clearly show that the song is remixed. This marker should all be in parentheses and contain the Remix/Cover artist followed by descriptor."

The audio from the Youtube video I downloaded has been pitched and sped up very slightly compared to the official. My issue is coming up with a proper "descriptor" for this. Would this be considered nightcore, or a remix, or something else?

The other question, do I use the Youtuber's username as the "Remix/Cover artist" in the song title for the beatmaps, or would that be something to put in the tags?

I am a very technical person, so I like to make sure everything is as accurate as possible when it comes to this, since it's been bugging me.
xenal
The rule apply for song titles which have "(REDALICE Remix)" in them (for exemple). For nightcore, standard is to use original artist and throw in "(Nightcore Mix)" at the end of title. And yeah you can throw anything in tags.

And about that second version... no. This require a official remix name which says it.
Topic Starter
SoulOfClicking
Ah, I see! That makes more sense now, thank you!